Why become a member? ×

Your favourite memorabilia?

Rayman

picks from Kerry King, Mick thompson, Rob trujillo (whilst with Ozzy), Zakk Wylde - not the ones you get with strings or emgs!, gary moore pick used on the song "parisienne walkways", carmine Appice drumstick from a show i did with him.

Gene simmons signature, Steve harris' signature a few times over!, Flea's autograph, EVH's autograph, an Iron maiden promo vinyl boxset of best of the beast signed by the band at the time (steve, nicko, dave, janick, and blaze), zakk wylde signature, michael angelo batio.

signed records, cassettes signed by nicko, Chuck schuldiner, terry butler, bill andrews, paul masvidal, sean reinert, steve di giorgio, kreator, acid reign, morbid angel, cathedral, ian paice, chad smith, carcass, entombed, sepultura (arise era), xentrix

i'm sure i'll remember more later, but that's it for now

I've a bunch of the usual autographed picks, basses CD's etc etc but my fave, purely for comedy value is an end of tour present a couple of years ago.

After we finished working on the Bigger Bang tour in 2007, i went straight out on another tour for a few months.

A couple of guys were on both tours and had mentioned something had turned up from the band's guitarist as a thank you.

They refused to say what it was, saying that the comedy surprise would be ruined, the only hint was that it was something that i'd never buy, never need, won't have a use for, yet i'd be gutted if i lost it.

It turned out it was / is a motion sensitive talking 3ft model of Keith Richard's character from Pirates of the Caribbean, complete with personal note from him saying thanks and merry christmas..

The missus hates it as she says it's creepy and also talks every time someone walks into the room and she cr@ps herself when it does it.

The said figurine was delivered when i was away, by courier, and my flatmate's brother was in my flat at the time and the smartly dressed delivery driver just handed him the package and said "can you make sure this gets to the addressee, Keith Richards won't be happy if it doesn't"... and then simply left, leaving my mate's brother with a very bemused look on his face!

Obviously i'm not Keith Richards mate, just a member of the (massively massive) tour - someone else clearly stayed up all night writing out all of the the "personal messages" - but hey, it's different!.

I have an autographed Elvis album,

not by elvis but my mate Dave.

I have a polyphonic spree gown and all their autographs nicely framed.
a feat considering there's so many of em

and a signed Daniel Johnston print which is pretty cool- not to everyones tastes but hey there ya go
here's an example of the kind of stuff he does

Oh yeah and various doctor who bits and bobs from the last few years as a result of working on it

Edited by Stu-khag

I have a few. Similar to the Mark King letter above, I have an audio tape I was sent by Joey DeMaio of Manowar, answering a letter I sent him after seeing them in '84. Took a year to reach me, but again its very personal and I was rather staggered to receive it.

I also have quite a few signed Motorhead and Hawkwind albums, probably the most treasured being my original fold out Space Ritual signed by Lemmy. I also have a copy of Sabs Vol 4 with photo inserts, one of which was signed by Ozzy. "Wow, a picture of me when I was pretty" he said! I have a couple of dvds signed (with dedication to me) by Mark King; he also signed my Alembic tee but that sadly faded out. I also have a copy of a Stanley Clarke dvd he signed for me, and a personal email from Leigh Gorman which knocked me out. The most recent favourite is a photo Tal Wilkenfeld signed after the Apollo gig( :wub: :)).

Outside of music, I have a copy of An Animated Life personally signed by Ray Harryhausen, and a copy of Andy Serkis's book also personally dedicated. I nearly got Mike Moorcock's autograph once but sadly didn't have anything for him to sign! He was incredibly nice, a very gracious man.

My favourites are:
My backstage passes from the last two David Gilmour solo tours (Royal Festival hall & Albert Hall).
My David Gilmour plectrum.
A plectrum, some teabags & a condom given to me by Todd Rundgren.
One of Billy Sheehans business cards & a Talas album that he signed "To Rhys from William" :)

I have a Rotosound poster from JJ Burnel, which he signed for me last year in Exeter, a copy of the Stranglers' biography 'No Mercy' signed by all the band, and a copy of JJ's 'Euroman cometh' also signed by all four.
Totally unconnected, I bought a book about the sound barrier in a second hand bookshop a few years ago, only later did I find it had been signed by Chuck Yeager (the bloke who broke it).

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='616869' date='Oct 4 2009, 09:26 PM']Totally unconnected, I bought a book about the sound barrier in a second hand bookshop a few years ago, only later did I find it had been signed by Chuck Yeager (the bloke who broke it).[/quote]
Now that's cool!
Ever read Tom Wolfe's "The Right Stuff" or seen the excellent film version?
Fantastic!

I have a signed Swr promo picture of Ready Freddy Washington, when he did a bass clinic in Birmingham
for the Bass Centre. If i remember, it was whilst he was a day off whilst playing bass for Michael Jackson dangerous european on tour.

I also have a Doug Wimbish signed Trace elliott promo picture from a Bass clinic he did in Birmingham & over the years i've got very friendly wth him, i also have a photo of him & myself after his last Trace clinic visit at Sound Control.

Was given his signature plectrum by Yngwie Malmsteen himself after a gig in '88 on the Odyssey tour with Joe Lynn Turner singing, was lucky enough to
chat to them before & after the gig, as a friends band was the support act at the Birmingham gig.

I've got numerous stuff signed by Glenn Hughes. I've got a plectrum that he gave me when I met him in Brazil after a gig, got a photo with him from that gig as well,and signed CD's.
I've mentioned it before, but about 2 months after me and the wife met him in Brazil, we moved back to the UK and saw his show at Dudley with Joe Lynn Turner, we met him afterwards and he instantly recognised us from the show in Brazil, made my night it did.

Met him again a few months ago and he signed my MIJ Fender Jazz. He asked me if it was "his" bass, I don't know if he expected me to give it to him of what, but I just said "er, no, can you sign it for me please"

What kind of spoilt it though was some cretin who said " that will turn up on e bay next week" so I kind of quietly turned on him and told him what I though of his stoopid remark.

• 4 years later...