Why become a member? ×

Money no object...

Noisyjon

Hi Folks of Basschat,
For a bit of fun what would you have if money was no object and there was transport/roadies?
Let's say a maximum of 3 of each items to 'keep it real'

I'd have:
BASSES:Fender Custom Shop Masterbuilt P bass to my exact spec, Shuker Classic Jazz, EBMM Custom Made Stingray,
AMPS:Matamp GT200, Aguilar DB750, Thunderfunk 750A,
CABS:Tecamp 8x10, Mesa Boogie 2x15, Aguilar 4x12.

Your turn!

Edited by jonthebass

Basses: MM stingray 5 string black + gold, Peavey Cirrus 6 string flame maple in a bitchin' colour like green or something and an ESP 4 string bass.
Amps: it would have to be an SWR 1500 and Mesa boogie 400+ valve amp as well depending on what mood i'm in
Cabs: SWR 8x10s and maybe that big bertha 2x18 that they used to make just for the fun of it!
FX: Some boutique valve distortion that sounds amazing.

[quote name='jonthebass' post='570241' date='Aug 15 2009, 09:30 PM']Hi Folks of Basschat,
For a bit of fun what would you have if money was no object and there was transport/roadies?
Let's say a maximum of 3 of each items to 'keep it real'

I'd have:
BASSES:Fender Custom Shop Masterbuilt P bass to my exact spec, Shuker Classic Jazz, EBMM Custom Made Stingray,
AMPS:Matamp GT200, Aguilar DB750, Thunderfunk 750A,
CABS:Tecamp 8x10, Mesa Boogie 2x15, Aguilar 4x12.

Your turn![/quote]

Fender Custom Shop all the way, I would be having an autotuning system similar to that of the Gibson Les Paul Robot in a carved stainless steel with Sims Custom Shop LED's along the neck.

[url="http://www.polarflamemusic.com/bass/index.html"]http://www.polarflamemusic.com/bass/index.html[/url]
[url="http://www.morningsideschoolofmusic.com"]http://www.morningsideschoolofmusic.com[/url]

I'm not in a band right now, so I'll decide the amps and cabs when I win the lottery. They'd most likely be GK, though.

For basses, I'd hunt down another Ibanez SR1205 and also get a custom one made. No idea what to do with the third choice. I suppose I'm fairly happy with my gear. I'd like a band more than a new toy!

Basses: Sadowsky Modern 5 string, Bongo 5HH in White, my Green Spector but with higher grade quilted maple wings. Either that or I'd have a few Ritters because they're worth the most. But that's like asking a genie for unlimited wishes isn't it?

Amps: Old SVT, Mesa 400+, Warwick Hellborg preamp+poweramp

Cabs: That huge Ampeg from NAMM (I'd like to see unlimited roadies manage with that one!), The biggest Mesa cab I can find to go with the 400+, Matching Warwick cabs to go with the Hellborg

Effects: REDDI, a nice compressor and a Boss GT10B/Pod X3 live (Because I'm simple like that :))

Edited by thedonutman

[quote name='jonthebass' post='570251' date='Aug 15 2009, 09:42 PM']Don't get too serious now Taity, c'mon what would you have bass gear wise?[/quote]

haha i meant it jokingly.

it depends, if i have to get rid of all my basses first i'd get my taitycaster back. can i have customs? if so i'll go for -

-a jon shuker with a jaguar shaped body, olympic white, black pickguard, J/MM pickups, rosewood fretboard and a 3 band EQ (obvs i'd go into more detail on the spec, but thats the basics)
-a 2 band EQ stingray, either black/black/rosewood, white/black/rosewood or maybe some sparkly colour with a pickguard and fretboard material according to what colour
-a CIJ 70s RI precision in vintage white with black pickguard, simply because my dad has one and its just a perfect all rounder bass. you could pay it for any kind of music and it works, and looks cool. CIJ because i'd be worried about damaging a MIA one, and i dont think theyre worth the extra money at all, even though you said moneys no object.

Edited by Tait

In all seriousness, My JV precision, a jazz (?) that's as good as the precision (not too bothered about brand, as long as it feels & sounds as good and has single coil pups) A double bass that's not cheap and nasty. One like the house bass in the Jazz cafe in Oslo. Don't know the make as there's no marks anywhere.

Amp wise... can I have an SVT pro IV and a Little Mark III please.

Cabs... Once I've finished building these BFM's I should be sorted thanks all the same.

Well, if money were no object I'd just keep buying basses and gear! I guess I'll just list what comes to mind first.

Fodera Imperial 6 Fretted
Ken Lawrence Brase 6 Fretless
Sadowsky NY PJ 4
A couple of sweet uprights too and some good bows, with some nice pups and maybe a nice mic too.
An EUB.

Ampwise, I'd go for my current rig --> Markbass Little Mark II and Aguilar GS410. Some sweet little cab as well for smaller gigs, not sure what. A couple of nice DI's, maybe a radial one.

Basses;a copy of my Status Groove,a P-bass special,a headless Steinberger cricket bat type thing.
Amps;heads by Markbass,cabs by Zoot,but about 800w.
Other gear;a Guiness roadie,a driver a Bentley,and a curry chef on 24 hour callout.

BASSES: I'm happy with what I've got now, so, Warwick Thumb BO 4 and my impending Shuker Custom
AMPS: Warwick Jonas Hellborg
CABS: Warwick Jonas Hellborg

Money would have to be absolutely no object to get that backline!

If money were no object I'd quit my job to give me more time to play the ones I have. :)

[b]Basses[/b]
Two really great vintage Fenders, P&J
Masterbuilt Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
Status S2 Classic
Status Kingbass Black Beauty
Status Kingbass Retroglide
+ a couple of 80's Statii
F-Bass BN5
F-Bass Alain Caron
Pedulla Buzz

the list goes on forever... :rolleyes:
[b]
Rig-wise [/b]I'd probably go with
Aguilar DB751 + a bunch of Aggie cabs (DB-810, DB-210+115, GS-212x2, GS-112x2)

and to see what the fuzz is all about the Hellborg stuff from Warwick.

My '72 Ric, another exactly the same and a Series 2 Alembic built to my spec that weighed under 9lbs (preferably under 8); it would've been a Triple Omega but having had one it wasn't manageable weightwise.

Amps; hmmm, not sure. One of the original Trace 8x10 250w combos, an EBS TD650 with matching cabs, and possibly an early Marshall Superbass with some decent 15" or poss 4x10 cabinets ( a couple of Compacts might do).

Edited by 4000

Basses: 75' Fender Jazz, Natural with Maple neck and black blocks.
Warwick thumb fretless 6 NT
Les Claypools 4 string CT with trem.

Amps: Ampeg SVT 2Pro x2 (one clean, one dirty)
Ampeg SVT 810e x2 '' '' '' ''

Numerous effects, mainly based on Tim Commerfords.

Edited by WarPig

Pino Palladino Custom Shop but strung with Rounds.
And a Macca Rickenbacker for backup.

Bi-amp:
Aguilar DB751 --> Aguilar DB810.
Mesa/Boogie 400+ --> Aguilar DB412.

My Board would consist of every MXR bass pedal, a cryababy and a tuner.

Edited by Tusknia

Ooft, This could be fun... I'd probably do it in sets,

Set 1, 60's Sunburst P -> Aguilar DB750 -> DB410

Set 2, Sadowsky NYC Jazz -> Mesa 400+ -> Bergantino 610

Set 3, Ritter -> Thunderfunk 550 -> 2x EA whizzy 12's

Set 4, MM Bongo -> GK1001RBII -> 2x Schroeder 1212

Wow, this could go on forever...

Basses: Fretted and fretless 5 strings- today I'll go for ACG single cuts I think- and a 7 string- probably a Conklin custom. All strung with Elixirs and with 13 pin outputs. If I can stretch slightly and go for a fourth, I'll have a nice handmade 5 string double bass, and if five isn't excessive, an EUB to match.

Amps: Not so fussy here. A light powerful power amp (since money's no object, I'll have a Powersoft please). A Pod X3 Pro (if the roadies are carrying it) or Live (if I'm carrying it) to act as a preamp.

Cabs: Again, light and powerful. Probably BFM designed, two 1x10s and a 2x10 so I could take 1, 2, 3 or 4 10"s as required. Or maybe one of Alex Claber's Barefaced cabs.

FX: Eventide Eclipse and a Roland V-Bass- together with the Pod X3 from amps, I doubt there's many sounds you couldn't replicate with this.

It will be all change in a day ot two though :)