Why become a member? ×

round or flat?

Baxter

Bit of both - Rotosound Swingbass rounds on my JJB (cos thats how JJB himself has his bass set up), D'Addario Chromes or TI344s flats on my other Ps, rounds on my Jazz (as I don't want it to sound like a P)

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='569622' date='Aug 14 2009, 11:25 PM']Bit of both - Rotosound Swingbass rounds on my JJB (cos thats how JJB himself has his bass set up), [b]D'Addario Chromes[/b] or TI344s flats on my other Ps, rounds on my Jazz (as I don't want it to sound like a P)[/quote]
So Clarky, how are you liking those Chromes? I liked them a lot but they just couldn't make me forget my TIJFs

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='569630' date='Aug 14 2009, 11:40 PM']So Clarky, how are you liking those Chromes? I liked them a lot but they just couldn't make me forget my TIJFs[/quote]
Hi ET, in my usual impetuous way I loved the Chromes the minute I put them on a P-bass due to the worn-in feel and the higher tension, which meant I could get the action a little lower and also play a litle quicker. I then swapped over all my Ps to Chromes. But after a couple of weeks I started to miss the slipperiness of TIs and have swapped back two of my basses to the latter. There's something so slippers-by-the-fire about an old worn-in set of TI flats.

[quote name='XB26354' post='569626' date='Aug 14 2009, 11:35 PM']Rounds - if I wanted my bass to sound like it was being played in the shed at the bottom of the garden I'd buy a double bass :)[/quote]

+1

Rounds.

If I wanted my bass to sound like a bass, I'd take lessons.

[quote name='Baxter' post='569590' date='Aug 14 2009, 10:52 PM']What is it for you chaps

I used to be round - but now I'm flat

- all the way and never to return![/quote]

depends...rounds are brill..flat are fab
no preference really but find TI rounds or flats the best
rounds suit my dynamic range and flats get rid of skiff and give click instead...use them for retro feel