Why become a member? ×

John Paul Jones

acidbass

[quote name='YouMa' post='562473' date='Aug 7 2009, 02:33 AM']Not being nasty,but i would rather see JPJ with players who were good as him,this man really could have obtained better musicians.[/quote]

i'd agree on Josh Homme, but Grohl is a very good rock drummer. This project has been rumoured for some time now though so guess time will tell if its for real or not.

peace

c

[quote name='YouMa' post='562473' date='Aug 7 2009, 02:33 AM']Not being nasty,but i would rather see JPJ with players who were good as him,this man really could have obtained better musicians.[/quote]

Are you kidding? Dave Grohl is a living legend, and Josh Homme has been responsible for some of the best rock of the last 20 years.

[quote name='Toasted' post='562695' date='Aug 7 2009, 11:44 AM']Are you kidding? Dave Grohl is a living legend, and Josh Homme has been responsible for some of the best rock of the last 20 years.[/quote]

I agree, though I think a lot of people don't like Josh Homme because of his occasional fits of temper on stage. Those two have worked together before, so if anything it's JPJ who's the unknown in that environment. I find QOTSA material very hard to play, just can't get the timing right with the drummer.

So, if it's true it'll be interesting. And if they come over here I hope it's bigger venues or more dates than last time QOTSA toured.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Pentode' post='575347' date='Aug 20 2009, 10:56 AM']Ahhh, Nick Beggs.

Happy memories as 14 year olds with Nick on drums, John on g**tar and me on my no-name bass.

Nick picked my bass one day, had a plonk on it and that was it! Fate had done it's stuff!

Nice guy![/quote]

My god is Limahl on this forum!

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='583187' date='Aug 28 2009, 08:12 AM']Alain Johannes from Eleven? Wooo.

They're supposed to be playing at Reading Festival this weekend.
P[/quote]
That's the one. Not sure if he's on the album or is just touring with them...