Why become a member? ×

Has this happened to you?

stevie

I thought I got a 99p bargain last week. The actual item is probably worth £20 but the seller made a mistake in his listing and I was the only bidder.

The seller claims he sent it off but it has not arrived here - the first time anything has got lost in the post for as long as I can remember. To cut a long story short, he has refunded, but I think he was unhappy with the 99p and didn't want to sell at that price. Unsurprisingly, he says he sent it off by post without getting an itemized receipt or proof of delivery. He has over 1,000 transactions to his name - so he should know the ropes.

I'm not bothered about the item but this is a bit of a psychological whodunnit. Do you think my seller genuine or a crook? Opinions please.

Edited by stevie

If it's a fairly unique item (which I presume it is otherwise he'd just send out another one) mark him as a favourite seller and see if your item magically pops up again. If it does, send the boys round to hoof him in the nuts...
... or alternatively grass him up to ebay (quoting your item number) for not honouring the binding contract they say you enter into when bidding.

Of course the seller is telling you a bunch of crap. Leave negative feedback.

I had this happen a few years ago, the idiot really badly listed a '80s black nitro Strat body that hardly anyone bid for it, I won it for a bargain. Asked him about postage from Denmark. Never heard a peep.

[quote name='silddx' post='554894' date='Jul 29 2009, 11:12 AM']Of course the seller is telling you a bunch of crap. Leave negative feedback.[/quote]
I'm pleased you all agree with me, even though you only know part of the story.

[quote name='stevie' post='555200' date='Jul 29 2009, 03:17 PM']I'm pleased you all agree with me, even though you only know part of the story.[/quote]

Ahh, the mystery deepens. :)

So what's the rest of the story, and when do we get to know the results of this psychological conundrum?

[quote name='Musky' post='555352' date='Jul 29 2009, 05:34 PM']Ahh, the mystery deepens. :rolleyes:

So what's the rest of the story, and when do we get to know the results of this psychological conundrum?[/quote]
Well, it''s not really a mystery, but the guy started lying, and when I pulled him up on what he had said, he started to tie himself up in knots with each email he sent. I tried to give him the option of doing the decent thing (he could have sent me another item, because he had more, although I had bought a used one and he only had new ones left), as I don't like leaving negative feedback without very good reason - I've only done it once. He never actually admitted he hadn't sent the goods off, and I suppose I will never actually know 100%. He could just have been a twat. I wondered what everyone's experience was with this kind of situation, that was all. The vote was pretty unanimous.
I'll be leaving him negative feedback so that others can benefit from my experience. :)

[quote name='stevie' post='555385' date='Jul 29 2009, 05:59 PM']Well, it''s not really a mystery, but the guy started lying, and when I pulled him up on what he had said, he started to tie himself up in knots with each email he sent. I tried to give him the option of doing the decent thing (he could have sent me another item, because he had more, although I had bought a used one and he only had new ones left), as I don't like leaving negative feedback without very good reason - I've only done it once. He never actually admitted he hadn't sent the goods off, and I suppose I will never actually know 100%. He could just have been a twat. I wondered what everyone's experience was with this kind of situation, that was all. The vote was pretty unanimous.
I'll be leaving him negative feedback so that others can benefit from my experience. :)[/quote]

Leave a neg and don't think twice about it. Consider it a public service for anyone else doing business with him.