Why become a member? ×

My Current Amp Setup

tayste_2000

Still working on it, planning on getting a 12u rack so I can add a rack interface and a 3u drawer for all my cables and stuff. Gonna get the 8x10 pimped I think I picked it up real cheap as it's so tatty but it's an old ashdown abm 8x10 loaded with celestions instead of blue lines so far sounds amazing. I get to crank the Mesa and 8x10 up at practice tomorrow, then Wednesday I'm going to try the NM410 with it and god knows what I'm doing with 2 of the lightest cabs that I've just made bigger than an 8x10.

Enjoy

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='61761' date='Sep 17 2007, 04:42 PM']what happened to your ampegs? to be fair i guess ur pumping out just as much volume with those things![/quote]

You might be thinking of Wizbat, the bassist for LimeShark, he uses 4 Ampeg 8*10s with 4 heads and a 7 string bass (amongst others).

[quote name='carlosfandango' post='62744' date='Sep 19 2007, 04:33 PM']hello!

I've been thinkg about getting a NM410 for sometime now.....how is it? how is compared to the CXL's? I've got an iAmp800 and two CXL's and it's sounds awsome but I kinda miss the sound of a 410 and the NM410 would probably be a good match for the iAmp. What's your thoughts?[/quote]

Well I have 2 CXL's in that big flightcase on the left so I know exactly where you are coming from.

Live I use to run the Iamp800 at about 11-12 o clock with the 2 cxl's with the NM410 as it has a bit of a stupid impedance (8ohms) I had to run it closer to 3 o clock. The tube makes the NM410 more usable as it puts it full wattage into the cab regardless of impedance.

The Iamp is now there as a backup but on large gigs where there is space I intend to run the mesa and 8x10 and the Iamp with the 2 cxl's but most of those gigs will have to be outdoors or people will die.

Hope this helps