Why become a member? ×

New Geddy Lee Colour

Musicman20

[quote name='flip' post='524829' date='Jun 26 2009, 01:42 PM']I love that green jazz, Andriano is one of my favourite players too. He only seems to play precisions now though!

I'm definitely liking the look of the Sunburst Geddy![/quote]

Ditto, a big influence on me, especially stuff like Goodbye Forever. He was back to the Jazz on the last tour.

[quote name='Bassmurf' post='523424' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:11 AM']+1

Red-good
Sunburst-bad[/quote]

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='525162' date='Jun 26 2009, 06:48 PM']+1
I was well stoked when I read the thread name, Id love that red one.
I hate sunburst.[/quote]

+1

Missed out on some basses in the past cause they were Sunburst...Ah go away!
Who thought that painting a guitar / bass the same colours as the insides of a cigarette would look good?

Edited by Kongo

[quote name='flip' post='524829' date='Jun 26 2009, 01:42 PM']I love that green jazz, Andriano is one of my favourite players too. He only seems to play precisions now though![/quote]

Adriano was one of my favourite players, shame he got fat and let his form slip. Not sure how precise his play is these days though.

Edited by Waldo

Most of the time, sunburst basses are made with a slightly better quality of wood than ones with solid finishes though. Due to the see-through nature of the finish, they can't afford to have a piece of shoddy wood underneath.

Buy one and get it refinished maybe? The neck and pickups are worth the price alone really, much better than any MIA Fender I've tried.

Also, it's the same colour scheme as the '73 bass Barry Devlin used in Horslips, incidentally, it also has a parrot attached to it!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='526971' date='Jun 28 2009, 07:41 PM']Ive asked Darren at Bassmerchant hes trying to find out about it.

Its only just gone onto the Fender site....about a week ago.

It has to be maple for me...I love maple necks.[/quote]

MAPLE!!!

Let it be said...Lets make ALL fingerboards Maple! :)

[quote name='Machines' post='522781' date='Jun 24 2009, 05:58 PM']Nice - a tough call between that and this one: [url="http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0132000300"]http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0132000300[/url][/quote]

That's the one for me. Black blocks on maple dont look right to me, MOP on rosewood just look sooooooooooo right

I'd go for the rosewood with MoP inlays. If you're going to do a trad retro look might as well do it properly. Black blocks on naked maple just look a bit naff. They aren't even inlays on the GL sig models, just painted on.