Why become a member? ×

Shuker 6 String Headless

Johngh

[quote name='Johngh' post='73976' date='Oct 13 2007, 10:43 PM']Well lads a lasses here she is, I give you "Blondie" The pics are the best I can do at the moment. I will try to get better ones done. The pics don't do it justice at all. She plays like a dream, and will get her first outing tomorrow at a gig in the morning, and rehearsal with a different band in the afternoon. :) :huh: :huh: :huh:
[attachment=2854:shuke_Fin_016.jpg] [attachment=2848:shuke_Fin_006.jpg]
[attachment=2849:shuke_Fin_007.jpg] [attachment=2850:shuke_Fin_008.jpg]
[attachment=2851:shuke_Fin_010.jpg] [attachment=2852:shuke_Fin_011.jpg]
[attachment=2853:shuke_Fin_012.jpg][/quote]

Absolutely gawjuss John. GAWJUSS! Congratulations!

Many thanks for all the comments guys ! It had its first outing yesterday and it was brilliant, it has a very powerful even sound to it and looks great.
I wish I could do sound clips, but I don't have the technology ! Yep it was worth the wait, and for the money its an absolute bargain. Jon took loads of photo's when I went to collect it and he will send them through when he has time, so when I get them I will post them up as my photo's are sh*te.

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='74600' date='Oct 15 2007, 02:32 PM']I dunno if it was mentioned before, but how much was it in total?[/quote]

Well, for some reason Jon did me a very good deal on it. To be fair, a lot of people who have customs made tend to be a bit shy about quoting the price paid. If I posted the price on here it may p*ss people off who may-may not have payed more for theirs, and possibly put Mr Shuker on a sticky wicket. I will PM you with the guide price though.

[quote name='Johngh' post='74605' date='Oct 15 2007, 02:45 PM']Well, for some reason Jon did me a very good deal on it. To be fair, a lot of people who have customs made tend to be a bit shy about quoting the price paid. If I posted the price on here it may p*ss people off who may-may not have payed more for theirs, and possibly put Mr Shuker on a sticky wicket. I will PM you with the guide price though.[/quote]

+1 on that
Prices are between a bassplayer and his Maker ... :)

Hi
I have just found out that ABM makers of headless hardware have shut there doors. The owner has died and they are trying to find a buyer for the company without much luck from what I can gather. This will effect the supply of headless units unless ETS up there production. Unfortunately there is also some doubt to wither ETS is still a going concern.. I don't know where John gets his hardware from but I think this will have a knock on effect on the availability of this hardware for sometime.Not sure but I think that Status get ABM to build their single string bridge/tuner units. I could be total wrong on this so please correct me if you know different.
Alan

p.s. Really like that bass. Love the whole headless idea I have never known why more people don't like them.

Edited by skelf

[quote name='skelf' post='81056' date='Oct 29 2007, 11:00 PM']Hi
I have just found out that ABM makers of headless hardware have shut there doors. The owner has died and they are trying to find a buyer for the company without much luck from what I can gather. This will effect the supply of headless units unless ETS up there production. Unfortunately there is also some doubt to wither ETS is still a going concern.. I don't know where John gets his hardware from but I think this will have a knock on effect on the availability of this hardware for sometime.Not sure but I think that Status get ABM to build their single string bridge/tuner units. I could be total wrong on this so please correct me if you know different.
Alan

p.s. Really like that bass. Love the whole headless idea I have never known why more people don't like them.[/quote]

oh cr@p. I think I said this before, but now would be a good time starting a business making hardware in the UK..especially headless units!! I wish I was good with a lathe!!

[quote name='dood' post='81208' date='Oct 30 2007, 12:12 PM']oh cr@p. I think I said this before, but now would be a good time starting a business making hardware in the UK..especially headless units!! I wish I was good with a lathe!![/quote]

Better get yours ordered now, Dan ...

Alan

p.s. Really like that bass. Love the whole headless idea I have never known why more people don't like them.[/quote]

Alan, I think you are right about Status getting their hardware from ABM. Jon contacted Status about supplying him with some tuners to finish my bass, but Rob was reluctant to part with any. I know Jon is talking to other suppliers, so all is not lost. Glad you like my bass, she sounds great.
John

[quote name='Johngh' post='81519' date='Oct 30 2007, 11:05 PM']Alan, I think you are right about Status getting their hardware from ABM. Jon contacted Status about supplying him with some tuners to finish my bass, but Rob was reluctant to part with any. I know Jon is talking to other suppliers, so all is not lost. Glad you like my bass, she sounds great.
John[/quote]

I have been looking about as well but with very little to show for the effort.

I have just found out that ABM makers of headless hardware have shut there doors. The owner has died and they are trying to find a buyer for the company without much luck from what I can gather.[/quote]
Lets have a whipround. There's bound to be a decent market for this stuff. :)

[quote name='skelf' post='81056' date='Oct 29 2007, 11:00 PM']p.s. Really like that bass. Love the whole headless idea I have never known why more people don't like them.[/quote]
Me too, it makes sense in so many ways.