Why become a member? ×

Loft emptying shock

Beedster

I found all the bits from a westone guitar in my loft. I thought I'd given it away years ago. Now I have a not quite fully assembled westone guitar in my bedroom. I keep finding 80/90s rack synth modules & fx whenever I have a rummage. The best forgotten find was a deep bass 9 midi analog monosynth module. Theres a novation drumstation up there somewhere as well.

I'm thinking of breaking into my uncles loft to see if he has a crappy copy of a fender bass with a lovingly applied a fake fender decal. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing he'd have done, but its always uncles isn't it?

Found a realy old violin and a painting in my dad's loft after he popped off ..

Took them to Sotheby's and they said "What you have here is a Stradivarius and a Salvador Dali. Sadly, Dali made crap violins and Stradivarius was a terrible painter ..."

Bum-toosh
"Here all week folks, Try the squid .."

[quote name='Hamster' post='490739' date='May 17 2009, 06:38 PM']I couldn't find my loft hatch, but undeterred I broke through and found an old retired couple living there. They said they'd lived at flat 47 for the last 14 years![/quote]

I think you might find the man is actually your uncle.

I was helping sort out my mum's place and found something even better than a bass guitar - a massive box of lego (Space, Castle and technic) that I'd amassed over 10 years and my mum unfairly confiscated after she came home and found me and a loads of mates playing with it. Granted, I was 21 at the time.

[quote name='ARGH' post='490528' date='May 17 2009, 01:51 PM']What did you do ...run away??

I guess you could call that cowardice.[/quote]

Far too Witty for most of us, keep it smutty and simple please :)

The best loft clearance i heard of was from a a chap who run a little guitar shop in Canterbury, ( The little one in the basement up by West gate tower , you might remember it Chris) He went to clear out a loft and the haul included A gretsch white falcon, two AC30 amps, two very early telecasters a Les Paul Gold top, an early 60's jazz and other assorted vintage amps. Luckily the bloke was decent and gave the widow a decent share in the proceeds which were considerable. He never got to the bottom of the story, the woman remembered that her husband played a little guitar when he was younger but was clueless to the vintage goldmine in the loft.

I recently moved house and found a dead pigeon in my loft :rolleyes:

Edited by steve-norris

[quote name='grumble' post='490854' date='May 17 2009, 08:51 PM']Maybe he's not prepared to go on like this ?[/quote]

De do do do
de da da da
Is all I want to say to you

Another forum I go to: last year someone was asked to look at a guitar some friends found in their loft (they don't know anything about em), and it turns out it was a 61 strat in superb nick! Thread here if you want to see the pix:
[url="http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59606"]LINK[/url]

Edited by Golchen