Why become a member? ×

Bass Bros

Hutton

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, tauzero said:

I’m not doubting the service given by Bass Bros. I’m merely enquiring if anyone knows if there is a reason why I haven’t had a response from last week? I also have received good service in the past. This post is not intended as a criticism.

Edited by Hutton

1 minute ago, Hutton said:

I’m not doubting the service given by Bass Bros. I’m merely enquiring if anyone knows if there is a reason why I haven’t had a response from last week?

In the main thread this has happened to some other bass chatters but was resolved eventually. I wouldn’t worry, maybe try again next week?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hutton said:

I’m not doubting the service given by Bass Bros. I’m merely enquiring if anyone knows if there is a reason why I haven’t had a response from last week? I also have received good service in the past. This post is not intended as a criticism.

I pointed at that thread because it contains a number of similar events to yours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burns-bass said:

If in doubt get on the phone! I missed out on a bit of a dream bass because I’d emailed.

I’m not actually buying a bass.

Hi Hutton, 

Sorry I didn't get back to you, I didn't think to respond as your message was just telling me about a bass you used to own. Thanks for the info on it and I have responded to you now on that message. 

Thanks 

Will

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I’m sorry I bothered. If I could delete the post I would. I was just concerned that’s all. I was in fact providing information on a bass currently for sale on Bass Bros that I had once owned. The info was all part of the history of the bass that had been converted from fretted to fretless by having the board changed. I thought that history was meant to help sell a bass and that sellers and new owners wanted provenance. But hey, I won’t do that again.

Edited by Hutton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

If it's the 2004 Jazz, the information provided is in the spiel about the bass.

I know that. The info I offered was the luthier that changed the fretboard, why it was changed and the significance of the inlay. I also included before and after photos. I thought all of this info would be appreciated by the new owner. However, as I say I wish I hadn’t bothered and I will take this thread as a learning curve. Sorry for taking up bandwidth unnecessarily.

35 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

If it's the 2004 Jazz, the information provided is in the spiel about the bass.

No it's not, it merely says "The neck has had its fretboard removed and replaced with a fretless ebony board". 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hutton said:

I know that. The info I offered was the luthier that changed the fretboard, why it was changed and the significance of the inlay. I also included before and after photos. I thought all of this info would be appreciated by the new owner. However, as I say I wish I hadn’t bothered and I will take this thread as a learning curve. Sorry for taking up bandwidth unnecessarily.

What you did came from a good place, seems off that you were admittedly not acknowledged or even get a quick ‘thanks and all the best’ email. 

I’m not a fan, they sent me out a bass with 2 significant issues that were not disclosed, and oddly can’t have been noticed by them prior to sale. There was a very weak apology (if you can call it that), and no recognition of wasting my time, especially when having to be in for a bass to be collected that should never have left the shop. I also had issues with their vague emails about delivery (though I got a phone call apology when I pointed out how confusing and ‘brief’ they had been). So yeah, I’m not surprised your email was ignored. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hutton said:

In fairness (though I doubt it would be seen in this way) I would have thought that is more likely to be disclosed to those making an enquiry, or even upon a sale. Other basses offered don't have a comprehensive history in the blurb.

Anyhow, my turn to waste bandwidth.

Funny you should start this thread as had a similar thing with bass bros recently. Nothing dramatic mind, just a slight lack of communication. 
Saw a Warwick on their site a few weeks ago, emailed an enquiry then noticed it disappeared from their website. Eventually called them and had a nice chat, but didn’t get a reply by email. Not really an issue but I can’t imagine their inbox is that inundated (I could be wrong). And for those that say ‘just pick up the phone’, I live half a world away, so not as easy 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hutton said:

I think what you were doing is a really important thing.

If you check out the Vintage Fender thread you’ll see how the listing of one of my old basses and the reality are very different.

• Thanks 1