Why become a member? ×

Modulus Quantum Fretless

bigthumb

I'm reluctantly putting my fretless up for grabs. I love playing the bass but because 1. I'm useless on a fretless and 2. It'll never get used in the band it seem stupid to keep it for the occasional home noodling. Its in great shape and has one of the most unusual finishes I've seen, photos dont capture just how lovely it is. Its a blueburst on quilted maple with an ebony board. EMG PJ 18v pups and recently strung with Status half wounds. It sounds superb even in my clumsy hands! I dont have a hard case for shipping so its collection or meet up's (within reasonable distance).

Any questions just ask. I'm not looking for any trades thanks.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by bigthumb

the first two digits of the serial number should give you the year. I'm betting its 89-93? :rolleyes:

Odd body shape too, looks like its a 5 string body with a 4 string neck! The lower horn is a bit whacky :)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='486471' date='May 12 2009, 10:39 PM']the first two digits of the serial number should give you the year. I'm betting its 89-93? :)[/quote]

Spot on! Its a 1990.

£600?? you sure?

Id love another Modulus. I would have bit your hand off 2 weeks ago when I knew I had job security but now im saving for just incase.

Shame, its beautiful!!!!!

Good luck with the sale, I dont think you'll need it at that price.

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='487363' date='May 13 2009, 10:17 PM']£600?? you sure?

Id love another Modulus. I would have bit your hand off 2 weeks ago when I knew I had job security but now im saving for just incase.

Shame, its beautiful!!!!!

Good luck with the sale, I dont think you'll need it at that price.[/quote]

Thanks and all the best :)

[quote name='gbm' post='495126' date='May 22 2009, 01:08 PM']Sorry I am new here, but isn't it considered bad form to cast aspersions on stuff being sold in this way?[/quote]
big difference between degrading a bass and a bit of banter, especially considering your accusing the site owner :)

[quote name='Kev' post='495403' date='May 22 2009, 05:29 PM']big difference between degrading a bass and a bit of banter, especially considering your accusing the site owner :)[/quote]

What would you describe this as? A bit of banter?

Bang out of order on CK's part if you ask me, site owner or not.

Oh, is that me now on the potential ban-list? Gosh!

Hang on fellas!

Kiwi's quote was:

Odd body shape too, looks like its a 5 string body with a 4 string neck! The lower horn is a bit whacky :)

If I were the original poster, I would see that as a bit of harmless banter! The most upsetting thing about this bass is that I was going to buy it and due to a lack of money, I can't!!!!

Many thanks!

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='495710' date='May 23 2009, 01:16 AM']Hang on fellas!

Kiwi's quote was:

If I were the original poster, I would see that as a bit of harmless banter! The most upsetting thing about this bass is that I was going to buy it and due to a lack of money, I can't!!!!

Many thanks![/quote]

Having corresponded with the orginal poster the most upsetting thing about this bass is that it's been withdrawn because he believes CK's comments have laid it dead in the water.

Banter need a new definition then.

I've got a Warmoth for sale at the moment. Ask him to steer clear of the thread.

Edited by Scoop

Scoop - I was going to buy this bass; in doing so have had correspondence with the seller - no mention of anything of detriment etc. I'm sure that if the seller had a problem with anyone (Kiwi or anyone else) that he would have contacted them via PM and let his feelings be known. As it is, I would have personally purchased the bass, the only reason I have not is due to a sale of mine falling through.

If I can raise the money, and the seller still wish to sell it, I will buy it! Anyone wanna Fender?

Nick

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='495731' date='May 23 2009, 02:18 AM']What is it about Rules and Guidelines step 4 for buyers that I don't quite get?[/quote]

Forgive EBS_Freak father for he hath sinned. He knoweth not what he say.

I'm sorry to bump this back to the top but I do feel compelled to post.

I did withdraw the bass due to CK's comments. Now by no means am I any expert on Moduli so I cannot say he is wrong or not but if anybody (especially somebody in his position) that posts a comment about a body/neck issue it would certainly give me doubts about buying it. Now I'm sure that discrediting the bass or the sale of the bass was not CK's intention but a casual comment from a fellow bassist but like I said it might put somebody off buying it.

I priced it for what I thought would be a quick sale as I didn't really need a fretless and I have bills to settle but I wasn't prepared to drop the price any further. I've been in touch with The Gallery who are now going to get it fretted and I'll probably keep it. :)

Cheers.

Paul

I think Kiwi's post was more of a punt for information on the bass. It isn't like people are making fakes or anything, so I saw it as more of a comment on the unusual body shape, perhaps it is a prototype, etc?

Cool looking bass though, good luck.

ped