Why become a member? ×

2012 Classic Stingray - Black with STUNNING Birdseye maple neck. Pics Added. - *SOLD*
£1350
Slightly Soggy Swindon

Chewie

Hello again groovers,

Please excuse the delay in getting the pictures up.

This is no longer a "feeler" post but a definite "for sale" now but I'm changing the price to £1500.

I know this looks like bad form but I feel the initial £1350 was very hasty on my part, considering what an animal of a bass it is, it's lovely condition and the trends in USA prices these days.   On top of this, I've had so many offers above the "feeler" price that I'd be a numpty to honour my initial "feeler" price.  I hope you all understand.

Anyway, here they are.

Gorgeous Stingray.

Makes my hairs stand up every time I play it but I'm playing less and less bass these days and am hooked on electric and acoustic six string.

I'm thinking about busking in my 60's.

The only marks on it are so hard to photograph.  There's a tiny dent below the g string mute, and an even tinier one on the headstock but I can't find it now.

The pickguard has some wear from me but there's hardly any swirling ty[ical on a black poly body.

Birdseye maple neck which glows.

Serial number on the bridge.

Mutes.

4.36kg which equates to 9.6 lbs.

Truss rod works perfectly.

These basses need no introduction.

Absolute animal tone.

Needs to be gigged and NEVER has been.

Absolutely welcome over at the Chewie residence but I've got a little Roland CUBE here so bring a worthy amp if you're coming.

I've got a Gert big garage.

Kind regards to you all.

IMG_9705.jpeg

IMG_0274.jpeg

IMG_0275.jpeg

IMG_0276.jpeg

IMG_0277.jpeg

IMG_0278.jpeg

IMG_0279.jpeg

IMG_0280.jpeg

IMG_0282.jpeg

IMG_0283.jpeg

IMG_0284.jpeg

IMG_0285.jpeg

IMG_0286.jpeg

IMG_0287.jpeg

IMG_0288.jpeg

IMG_0289.jpeg

IMG_0290.jpeg

IMG_0291.jpeg

IMG_0292.jpeg

IMG_0293.jpeg

IMG_0294.jpeg

IMG_0296.jpeg

IMG_0297.jpeg

IMG_0298.jpeg

IMG_0299.jpeg

IMG_0301.jpeg

IMG_0302.jpeg

IMG_0310.jpeg

IMG_0311.jpeg

IMG_0312.jpeg

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Hello boys........

Lol.........

I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

I'm having a bass off too, to see if I can part with it.  It was my first "real" bass..............

2 hours ago, walshy said:

I’m waiting for a Withdrawn going up. Lots of interest means he’s making a mistake 😂

Probably a mistake with the price of it.........  I keep reading USA basses have hit the ceiling...............!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Henrythe8 said:

Exactly what I'm looking for, more pics are welcome. 
It has the muting bridge ? 

Thanks. 

Yes mate, it has the muting bridge.

On 03/01/2024 at 17:21, Chewie said:

Don't say that..............!!!

I think you are making a big msitake! From the one pick, I'll bet it is absolutely stunning all over :D You'll never get that again and when you consider the price of Sterling Rays 34/35 around the £1300 in GG, you may find a replacement (should you realise your potential mistake) unaffordable in the near future. 

DON'T DO IT, YOU WILL REGRET IT!!

All the best, Andy

Edited by andy67
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, andy67 said:

I think you are making a big msitake! From the one pick, I'll bet it is absolutely stunning all over :D You'll never get that again and when you consider the price of Sterling Rays 34/35 around the £1300 in GG, you may find a replacemnt (should you realise your potential mistake) unaffordable in the near future. 

All the best, Andy

Above is spot on regarding pricing however I sold mine as couldn't get on with ray so do what works for you....

5 hours ago, andy67 said:

I think you are making a big msitake! From the one pick, I'll bet it is absolutely stunning all over :D You'll never get that again and when you consider the price of Sterling Rays 34/35 around the £1300 in GG, you may find a replacemnt (should you realise your potential mistake) unaffordable in the near future. 

All the best, Andy

You guys are beautiful on here...............

I have a black one of these from 2011 with the same stunning birdseye maple neck (but with ebony fretboard)

Whoever gets this will be chuffed! I certainly am with mine 🙂

• Thanks 1

Looks like it'll be a beauty - As for the price - it's actually in line (with currency exchanges) to some other similar basses in the USA/Can - of course depending on condition/weight etc. With conversion it's around $2300 CAD - So, I think you're being fair and it's appreciated to those interested. I keep flip/floppin over which MM i have interest in - 2 band/3 band/retro/sabres etc etc. lol Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Chewie changed the title to 2012 Classic Stingray - Black with STUNNING Birdseye maple neck. Pics Added.