Why become a member? ×

Alt-Country?

MacDaddy

4 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

Anyone here in an alt country band?

Please post your vids 🤠

Alt Country… contemporary country… not sure how Katy Hurt would describe herself but I am privileged to play in her band. Here’s a couple of GoPro clips from summer festival gigs:

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Cliff Edge said:

Pretty much all modern country music is alternative to the accepted Nashville sound of 30/40 years ago. To me as a former member of several country bands, Alt = modern or country rock. 

Cool. I play for an alt-country singer then 🤓

• Like 1

Just now, Cliff Edge said:

Not 50’s country and western, but there is a thin line between some modern country and 50’s rock and roll. 

“Modern” country can be all over the map, from straight pop sounds to allusions to old School country to country rock.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, dclaassen said:

Super heavy touch for the style, plus really busy in lead-ins… not much space for anyone else imo.

Fair enough. I’ve been playing in bands with him for 20 years so know his style well, perhaps I’m less aware of it these days and just compensate by being lazy and crap 😀

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stevie said:

Great band! When I saw the first vid, I thought - why's he playing a Strat? Then I watched the second one. That's better. It's country after all.😁

Thanks ☺️ 

He has a plethora of gorgeous guitars and depending on his mood and the song they all appear. He’s an incredible player and has a great feel and tone. And the songs he writes with Katy are pretty cool too 😀

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Merton said:

Fair enough. I’ve been playing in bands with him for 20 years so know his style well, perhaps I’m less aware of it these days and just compensate by being lazy and crap 😀

Not really…I think it’s all down to personal preference…😀

• Like 1