Why become a member? ×

Alt-Country?

MacDaddy

I spent ten years playing with a band called Case Hardin who did a lot on the UK Americana scene. I played on three albums, all of which were critically acclaimed. From memory PM was Uncut magazine's Roots album of the month. We got on CBS TV in America and toured the UK a bit. Having left it all behind, I manage to look back fondly without wanting to play that style anymore. I assume the albums are on Spotify still. The last record "Colours Simple" was my favourite and the 8 minute opener "Poets Corner" was a personal favourite. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cat Burrito said:

I spent ten years playing with a band called Case Hardin who did a lot on the UK Americana scene. I played on three albums, all of which were critically acclaimed. From memory PM was Uncut magazine's Roots album of the month. We got on CBS TV in America and toured the UK a bit. Having left it all behind, I manage to look back fondly without wanting to play that style anymore. I assume the albums are on Spotify still. The last record "Colours Simple" was my favourite and the 8 minute opener "Poets Corner" was a personal favourite. 

Yep, still on Spotify and that track sounds lovely

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cat Burrito said:

I'd been to many CH gigs and have a couple of their Cds, STFCS and PM. I bumped into you while on holiday in Lynmouth many years back, chatting about your Orange set up.

• Like 1

I had not clocked that you had mentioned the audience singing. I was enjoying it and then BVs happened. You were hidden behind Katy so I could not see you on the mic but it had to be you because none of the others were singing. I was just wondering who was going to break it to you that BVs were just not for you :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Owen said:

I had not clocked that you had mentioned the audience singing. I was enjoying it and then BVs happened. You were hidden behind Katy so I could not see you on the mic but it had to be you because none of the others were singing. I was just wondering who was going to break it to you that BVs were just not for you :)

I avoid singing in the quieter songs as much as I can, because it isn’t that far off those audience vocals… 😆

Edited by Merton
Clarification 😃
  • Haha 1