Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD - USA MusicMan Sub Sterling Further REDUCED to £580, UK Postage Now an Option - *SOLD*
£650
Milton Keynes

Steve1967

For Sale is my very rare Musicman USA Sub Sterling, which I purchased from this forum a year or so ago, I have used some of the details from the original sellers post to ensure the correct details are included as the refinish and mods were completed by him.

This is not the cheaper Sterling by Musicman model - it was made in the Musicman USA factory. 

It’s refinished in Sonic Blue Nitro and the neck has been stripped and finished with gunstock oil and is very skinny, smooth and fast. The preamp has been upgraded to Aguilar 3 Band with Switchable Mid and push/pull for passive mode by The Gallery. Also swapped are the pickup cover and knobs to white/cream although the originals of both are available. 

The scratch plate has been switched to black, however I also have a cream pearl, tort and original plates included, as are the original electrics.

It had the odd mark on it, however nothing dramatic.

It’s very lightweight for a Musicman (4kg/8.8lbs) and is a genuinely great bass. Currently strung with rounds. I have an old case, so while collection or meet would be preferred, I could potentially post if necessary.

Any questions, just let me know.

Cheers

SteveIMG_5469.jpg.8e09a8bd2df164d945f8b28c7144ea7b.jpg

IMG_5470.jpg

IMG_5471.jpg

IMG_5472.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

IMG_5477.jpg

IMG_5473.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

Edited by Steve1967
  • Like 20

I had one of these.  Seriously nice basses and as you say the Sterling version is pretty rare.  Originally wired in series IIRC, it really did wipe the floor with the Stingray I had soundwise.  GLWTS

Edited by martthebass
  • Like 3

Very nice - it looks like there is no contouring to the body and compared to my US Sterling. Also no coil switch. Not seen one of these for sale in a long time. Does the original preamp work ok? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ash said:

Very nice - it looks like there is no contouring to the body and compared to my US Sterling. Also no coil switch. Not seen one of these for sale in a long time. Does the original preamp work ok? 

As far as i'm aware it does, however I have only used it with the Aguilar in it (which sounds awesome btw)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2023 at 10:20, d_g said:

Lovely bass, I did the mods on this. Just so people are aware, I’m pretty sure the original preamp no longer works. Good luck with the sale. Cheers

Cheers

You do a great Job on this, the Aguilar preamp is thunderous. 

• Steve1967 changed the title to USA MusicMan Sub Sterling
  • Steve1967 changed the title to USA MusicMan Sub Sterling REDUCED to £600
  • Steve1967 changed the title to USA MusicMan Sub Sterling REDUCED to £600, UK Postage Now an Option