Why become a member? ×

New Mr Big video

3V17C

Great vid.
LOL Gilbert looks very...Odd...
Sheehan all the way man!

I just wish I could accomplish what he has...Thats some sick bass playing in popular music that got radio time.
Don't hear anything like this now...

I hope the Mr. Big reunion kick starts something...Ditch the Guitar Hero kids and play some real music.
Let's kick this modern R&B rubbish off the radio!
Music like this needs to come back and we need to play it.

Edited by Kongo

I just watched their DVD of the final concert in Japan last week and started liking them more than ever. Some of their stuff has really stood the test of time.

Whats with Eric Martin's Mod hair though? Has he been watching 60's videos of Roger Daltrey with The Who?

Em...

Dunno, maybe it's just me, but they looked like a bunch of [i]oldies[/i], who got 'a decent amount of money' to come back and do some [i]foolish [/i]acting in front of cameras. [i]Good ol' [/i]days?

F*ck it.

Even Metallica looks better these days.

Oh, and the vocalist...

BTW, sorry for all this. Maybe that because it's me, in the end.. Or just because I can't stand Sheehan.

Edited by Faithless

[quote name='Faithless' post='480683' date='May 6 2009, 09:42 AM']Em...

Dunno, maybe it's just me, but they looked like a bunch of [i]oldies[/i], who got 'a decent amount of money' to come back and do some [i]foolish [/i]acting in front of cameras. [i]Good ol' [/i]days?

F*ck it.

Oh, and the vocalist...

BTW, sorry for all this. Maybe that because it's me, in the end.. Or just because I can't stand Sheehan.[/quote]

oi! :)

I'm an oldie and very glad to see some fellow oldies back in the game! particularly real talented oldies!! money was never the driving factor as they are very well off individually. :rolleyes:

cheers fro the heads up clive, it is fantastic to have them back and look forward to hearing new material!

andy

Edited by andy67

[quote name='ARGH' post='480620' date='May 6 2009, 07:39 AM']I guess thats it...Tappings back.....[/quote]

I didn't realise it went...All I've ever seen my entire time playing is guitarists and bassists tapping.
Guilty as charged too!

And yeah they are oldies but decent and experienced ones. I'd love to have even 1% of the success Sheehan has got...4000+ gigs yes please!
He's 56 now and doing better than alot of bands do.
This justs shows how much an impact they have if they can come back and still have fans waiting.
Modern bands I like often don't last 2 albums.

Edited by Kongo

[quote name='Faithless' post='480683' date='May 6 2009, 09:42 AM']Em...

F*ck it.

Oh, and the vocalist...

BTW, sorry for all this. Maybe that because it's me, in the end.. Or just because I can't stand Sheehan.[/quote]

Back off. . .

Older - Yes (so am I)
Money - I'm sure, it is their job after all
Good ol' days - are back thank you !

[quote name='Kongo' post='481221' date='May 6 2009, 05:29 PM']I didn't realise it went...All I've ever seen my entire time playing is guitarists and bassists tapping.
Guilty as charged too!

And yeah they are oldies but decent and experienced ones. I'd love to have even 1% of the success Sheehan has got...4000+ gigs yes please!
He's 56 now and doing better than alot of bands do.
This justs shows how much an impact they have if they can come back and still have fans waiting.
Modern bands I like often don't last 2 albums.[/quote]
No I didnt mean it as a bad thing..its just now Its BACK....Bring on the shred!!!

Billy IS one of the most nicest people Ive ever had the experience in dealing with,always answers questions,and is generally ..well..brilliant.... :)

[quote name='Adee' post='481237' date='May 6 2009, 05:46 PM']Back off. . .

Older - Yes (so am I)
Money - I'm sure, it is their job after all
Good ol' days - are back thank you ![/quote]

+1 on that!

I'm well into my modern Metal and such but you just gotta hand it to these guys.
Sheehan's old enough to be my Grandad sorta...I still think he's ultimatly cool.
Shame he's only known for being fast...he's so much more.
Check out Niacin.

Not to upset folks but...I personally think Metallica have actually lost it.
There's plethora of bands that do Thrash metal more interesting...Hardly anybody does music like Mr. Big nowerdays.
I can hear that HUGE reverb snare already.

[quote name='ARGH' post='481252' date='May 6 2009, 05:56 PM']No I didnt mean it as a bad thing..its just now Its BACK....Bring on the shred!!!

Billy IS one of the most nicest people Ive ever had the experience in dealing with,always answers questions,and is generally ..well..brilliant.... :)[/quote]

That's what I'm getting at...I've been into Shred properly since 2004 when it returned.
Maybe scene are different in different cities but Shred got so big here some folks are wishing to wave it goodbye already lol!

I don't see what's wrong...It's another weapon in you armory right?

Maybe this will bring it RIGHT back into the fore front...Mmmm I'd love to hear real instrument talent on the radio instead of that Akon fool.

Edited by Kongo

I'm hoping they tour over here too. I saw them on their first two tours in the UK a LONG time ago & they were absolutely superb. Paul Gilbert is easily my favorite shred guitarist and, along with Billy Sheehan, he's one of the nicest people you could meet. His hearing is TOTALLY f***ed though. If you see him on his solo gigs he wears great big industrial ear protectors to try & save what's left of it.

Great to see my fave band back :)

Had the pleasure of interviewing Paul Gilbert as well as Eric Martin a couple years ago. Both of them felt that Mr.Big was unfinished business. Amazing that Mr. Big came back together because they didn't have to. Saying that Eric does have twin sons now, so now the nappy stage is over he can go and have some fun :rolleyes:

Edited by 7string

[quote name='RhysP' post='481368' date='May 6 2009, 08:06 PM']I'm hoping they tour over here too. I saw them on their first two tours in the UK a LONG time ago & they were absolutely superb. Paul Gilbert is easily my favorite shred guitarist and, along with Billy Sheehan, he's one of the nicest people you could meet. His hearing is TOTALLY f***ed though. If you see him on his solo gigs he wears great big industrial ear protectors to try & save what's left of it.[/quote]

If your on about Gilbert didn't he always wear those?
I thought they were a fashion thing or some kind of HUGE in ear monitoring.

Never seen Sheehan wear em so you must be.