Why become a member? Ɨ

New Spector NS Dimension & NS Ethos 'High-Performance' series basses

cetera

Mmmm... that purple....Ā šŸ’œ

Ā 

Introducing the NS Dimension and NS Ethos High-Performance Series.
Ā 

NS Dimension and NS Ethos HP Series basses are a modern evolution of Spector's most iconic neck-thru instruments. With their streamlined marriage of classic design and innovative specs, these instruments are purpose-built to exceed your expectations and remove every barrier to powerful, modern performance.
Ā 

Specs:
Solid Alder Body Wings
3pc Maple Neck
Ebony Fingerboard
Illuminating side dots; 12th fret Spector logo inlay
EMG 35DC (4-string), EMG 40DC (5-string) Pickups (NS Ethos HP)
EMG 40DC (4-string), EMG 45DC (5-string) Pickups (NS Dimension HP)
Darkglass Tone Capsule
Black Hardware
Available in White Sparkle, Solid Black, Metallic Plum, and Gunmetal Grey gloss finishes.

Ā 

New Spectors 2023.jpg

• Like 5

I owned a 4 string Dimension in the old series for a week. That thing didn't sustain like my other basses, which made it feel a bit underwhelming. I know some people don't care about sustain, but I need it for what I play. Hopefully that was a just a duff one. Very much enjoyed the ergonomics of it though and I think the 9th fret being the parallel fret might fit me better than the 7th on my Dingwall. I'd be keen to try one of these new ones out!

That purple is amazing, and being a sucker for a purple bass, I was drawn in immediately. I just saw the price points, and in todayā€™s market place, they are more than reasonably priced, but Iā€™d rather pick up a 2nd hand Euro LX. Just my opinion, but these new HPā€™s look and sound amazing from the videos Iā€™ve seen so far. Well done Spector āœØ

Edited by mattbass6
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, mattbass6 said:

That purple is amazing, and being a sucker for a purple bass, I was drawn in immediately. I just saw the price points, and in todayā€™s market place, they are more than reasonably priced, but Iā€™d rather pick up a 2nd hand Euro LX. Just my opinion, but these new HPā€™s look and sound amazing from the videos Iā€™ve seen so far. Well done Spector āœØ

I agree. The purple one looks killer. The EMG/DG combo sounds really good too. I had the same combo in my Ras Layer signature bass. Really liked it (I only sold the bass as I did not like the chunky neck).
Ā 

However, I am not sure about the name - HP (High Performance). Is it really performing higher than the previous Aguilar and Fishman Fluence preamp/preamp combos?Ā 

Further, they could have just called them Ethos II and Dimension II (like they did for the Pulse) as the name HP reminds me of a tech company and these two guys šŸ˜‰

Ā 

artworks-000082410719-jfq2c2-t500x500.jpg.e5d1a575409efc100eaeff9424960e82.jpgĀ Ā heprodimagesfotos82320121104wilfer2jpg.jpeg.6103c399414e33cc10b09a2df68a8e7c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm really loving the look of that Black Dimension, the spec really speaks to me for heavier music, not to mention I've always wanted a Spector! (literally, it was the 'boutique' bass hanging up, out of reach, at the music shop when I was a kid).

Ā 

Interesting.

Ā 

Si

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

I agree. The purple one looks killer. The EMG/DG combo sounds really good too. I had the same combo in my Ras Layer signature bass. Really liked it (I only sold the bass as I did not like the chunky neck).
Ā 

However, I am not sure about the name - HP (High Performance). Is it really performing higher than the previous Aguilar and Fishman Fluence preamp/preamp combos?Ā 

Further, they could have just called them Ethos II and Dimension II (like they did for the Pulse) as the name HP reminds me of a tech company and these two guys šŸ˜‰

Ā 

artworks-000082410719-jfq2c2-t500x500.jpg.e5d1a575409efc100eaeff9424960e82.jpgĀ Ā heprodimagesfotos82320121104wilfer2jpg.jpeg.6103c399414e33cc10b09a2df68a8e7c.jpeg

HP makes me think of sauces and I don't even like ketchup or brown sauce.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...