Why become a member? ×

Don’t really know too much about the Arctic Monkeys but thought they were quite unusual and musically very interesting however I’m not sure the set was right for the occasion. 

Far too much faffing about (in my opinion) between songs and were their too many new and slow ones for a festival ?

Saw QOTSA down the road from me in Margate on Thursday and glasto is in for a treat. Josh is at the top of his game and they all properly vibes on stage and looked like they’re living their best life in music.  They broke curfew as standard and carried on as the PA for cut just using their backline.  New material is great too 🤘🏼 

Edited by gt4ever
Spelling!

Just been to see my dad, he's 95 now. He had zero interest in music until he met my mum around 70 years ago. Mum liked classical music, so dad kind of got into that over the years. He generally thought that stuff that me my bro and sister listened to was a terrible racket! Anyway, why am I saying this ... I got over there and and he said "I watched Glastonbury all evening, the Foo fighters were very good, the new drummer did well" 

I almost fell off my chair!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, JJTee said:

Currently watching Skrillex, Fred Again and something or other. Strangely compelling, no idea what genre it is…even if it does look like two blokes from

an IT helpdesk having some kind of fit.

Fred Again's stagemate was briefly my tour manager. Good to see him back on the artist side and doing well; he was far too cool (and occasionally too much of an instigator of chaos) to be a TM forever. 

My old man is at his tenth Glastonbury this year at 71. Still enjoying himself but takes a camper instead of a tent these days. Not spotted him on the footage yet but I keep an eye out. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cetera said:

Billy Idol staring at his lyrics monitor...

Punk's not dead. Why learn the words when you can just read them?!? Yeah! Anarchy!! 🙄🤣😂🤣

He's still making a decent noise though - he sounds bloody good for a bloke his age 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Marky L said:

Uhmm.. sticking my neck out buuuut, I found the Foos to be rather boring. I guess only having an hour affected their set choice but I just feel it's always Dave talks, quiet intro, ramp it up, Dave shouts, bring it down, bit of improv, loud, shout, quiet, loud, shout, end. Next song, repeat previous. I dunno, I just found them a bit by numbers.

I did like the band intros though, Nate wallops out a bit of Beastie Boys and Pat gives us some God Save The Queen.

Yeah, have to confess I've never "got" the Foos, but as a proud Poodle Dad, I totally got Josh Freese's vest... 🤩

joshfreese.jpg

Edited by tony_m
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Marky L said:

Uhmm.. sticking my neck out buuuut, I found the Foos to be rather boring. I guess only having an hour affected their set choice but I just feel it's always Dave talks, quiet intro, ramp it up, Dave shouts, bring it down, bit of improv, loud, shout, quiet, loud, shout, end. Next song, repeat previous. I dunno, I just found them a bit by numbers.

I did like the band intros though, Nate wallops out a bit of Beastie Boys and Pat gives us some God Save The Queen.

Oops, hit submit twice... 😳

Edited by tony_m
double post

Generation Sex. They're loads of fun. Making it up a bit as they go along, a bit out of tune and screwing it up a bit but enjoying themselves in a grumpy way. Proper punk in front of 100,000 people 🤣

Edited by Mudpup
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

He's still making a decent noise though - he sounds bloody good for a bloke his age 

How low have you set that bar?

Not like he had/has or needs any wide vocal range...

2 minutes ago, Mudpup said:

Generation Sex. They're loads of fun. Making it up a bit as they go along, a bit out of tune and screwing it up a bit but enjoying themselves in a grumpy way. Proper punk in front of 100,000 people 🤣

Quite a lot out of tune now! 😬

3 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Just watching Texas’ set from yesterday on iPlayer, very professional and her voice sounds as good as it did 20 plus years ago

Totally agree with that, she worked hard through the whole set and her voice was the same as it was 30 years ago.