Why become a member? ×

11 minutes ago, Cato said:

The Foos are one of the best live bands I've ever seen and I say that as someone who has tried and failed to get into their albums several times.

The same material I'm indifferent about on their albums somehow gets lifted to a much higher level when they lerform it live.

Agree, only seen them live once but I do like to watch their live shows when they’re shown on TV. For me the albums are too polished/sanitised whereas live they just kick the proverbial.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cato said:

The other 'favourite' for the mystery artist slot was Harry Styles, who would also have been a massive draw 

Not sure what a venn diagram of Foos fans and Styles fans would look like ...

The Foos are one of the best live bands I've ever seen and I say that as someone who has tried and failed to get into their albums several times.

I've seen them a few times and they're great BUT the three hour set with 45 minutes of acoustic material in the middle was too long and killed the energy in the middle of the set. They are one of the rock greats though up there with the very best.

Was that Paul McCartney on the balcony above the stage?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cato said:

The same material I'm indifferent about on their albums somehow gets lifted to a much higher level when they perform it live

Agree completely. Their 2017(?) set was a different level.

Chvrches putting on a great show on the other stage. Mind you she's just painted herself red as I type this!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MichaelDean said:

Yeah, they're so good live. I worked out I must have first seen the Foos at Reading 2002 when I was 17!

Weirdly I first saw them at Ozzfest '98. Korn had pulled out and Foos has replaced them. Dave Grohl has said he was absolutely terrified as they're not a metal band, and they were following Pantera. They pulled it off though. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Cato said:

Read an interview with David Furnish this morning where he mentioned that Elton is going to be bringing a couple of special guests out for his Glasto set.

No hint as to who though.

We've had some hints on site. There is a poster with talk of a "piano man" (Billy Joel?)  And about Elton saying "Hello and Goodbye" (McCartney?).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, steantval said:

Word has it, some of the food outlets are charging £8 for a portion of chips !! 

There are literally hundreds of food sellers and just about every type of food you can imagine. 

Buy some chips within a hundred yards of the pyramid field and you will pay an extortionate price for a small portion of terrible chips. Walk another 5 minutes and you'll get some amazing jerk chicken with rice and peas for less. 

There are so many food sellers that they're quite competitive away from the big stages

7 minutes ago, MichaelDean said:

We've had some hints on site. There is a poster with talk of a "piano man" (Billy Joel?)  And about Elton saying "Hello and Goodbye" (McCartney?).

McCartney is there. Side of the stage watching Foo Fighters 

33 minutes ago, MichaelDean said:

I'm watching Royal Blood because we can't be bothered to move from the Pyramid stage. Meh. 

I saw them on their first tour and they were amazing live. Watching them now on TV, they have lost that energy they used to have. I'll agree with your meh

I regret never going to Glastonbury. 

With the crazy demand and hype nowadays I doubt I’ll ever get the chance.

However, every year I smear h as much of it as I can in the Big British Castle.

And every year I love it.   

No different this year. Day 1 has been excellent.

Foos (I’m not a fan)

Unknown mortal orchestra 

Carly Rae Jespen (never heard of her) 

Billynomates (first ever listen) 

All been excellent. 

Royal Blood  …..🥱

It really is a magical weekend. 

Right, I’m off to have too many shrooms and sleep in my garden. ✌️

Edited by Nothingman
  • Like 3

On 21/06/2023 at 11:47, cetera said:

Looks like my idea of hell though (camping.... with....people....)

I've done it once, but I had private backstage camping and showers/food as I was stage crew on the Acoustic Stage. That's the ONLY way I'd go....

Same. One of my bands is playing a couple of outdoor festivals in July that are too far away to get home from after our set. I have booked a nearby Premier Inn for one, and a self-catering apartment a few miles away for the other.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nothingman said:

I regret never going to Glastonbury. 

With the crazy demand and hype nowadays I doubt I’ll ever get the chance.

However, every year Right, I’m off to have too many shrooms and sleep in my garden. 

That's a good idea. I want some special fungi 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jonno1981 said:

Dave’s voice isn’t quite what it used to be. He’s got the charisma to carry it off though. I wonder what Nate is playing through. Not an ashdown, some kind of 9x10 cab.

I was looking at the cab and thought I was seeing things and had forgotten how to count!

Currently watching Skrillex, Fred Again and something or other. Strangely compelling, no idea what genre it is…even if it does look like two blokes from

an IT helpdesk having some kind of fit.

Edited by JJTee