Why become a member? ×

Anyone bought from FenderFever?

soulstar89

Hi everyone, 

hope you are good. I wanted to know if anyone has bought from FenderFever in London UK?

I am confused about my latest experience. I am interested in trying and purchasing a Fender PB70 MIJ 1991 ash body maple neck. I called a couple of weeks ago and asked if I would be able to come down and try some basses i am interested in purchasing. For reference, I had been to his workshop before. i tried many basses and he was extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful.

He told me that i could only try for 10 mins, the basses are not set up, his workshop is small and his feeling unwell. I told him i have been to his workshop before and he was fine with it. I suggested i call back in a couple weeks. he agreed

I call again today.  He has sold the other PB70 but still has one left. I ask if the PB70 is still available. He tells me it is not available. I ask has it been sold he says no.  He is acting very very awkward. I tell him i am interested in purchasing the bass but want to try it as the description of the bass isn't very detailed. He responds with "you can order it online and i can ship it to you. I have written a detailed description and put loads of pictures."

I just told him to forget it as this isn't going anywhere.

So i ask has any bought from him or been to his workshop in palmers green?

here is the bass:

https://www.fenderfever.com/bass/fender-pb-70-precision-bass-reissue---natural---1991---mij

1 hour ago, soulstar89 said:

He is acting very very awkward.

No, sounds like visits are off the cards for the time being.

"He told me that i could only try for 10 mins, the basses are not set up, his workshop is small and his feeling unwell."

His health and the workshop size should be clue enough, even 10 minutes in a confined space can be dangerous if your immune system is weak. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

"He told me that i could only try for 10 mins, the basses are not set up, his workshop is small and his feeling unwell."

His health and the workshop size should be clue enough, even 10 minutes in a confined space can be dangerous if your immune system is weak. 

49 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

Yes I get that. When I called he said he wasn’t feel great. I suggested I’ll follow up in a couple weeks. When I called today I reminded him that I called and he wasn’t in the best of health. I have empathy and I fully get if someone isn’t well. Like I stated, when I went he was a friendly welcoming person. Even on the phone he wasn’t being rude at all it was just “awkward”. 

This isn’t a bashing thread not my vibe or energy. I just wanted input from the community. 

28 minutes ago, fenderfever said:

I'm not able to accept visitors to play basses at the moment or in the near future, what is the point of starting a thread like this and sending me a link anonymously? 

29 minutes ago, fenderfever said:

I'm not able to accept visitors to play basses at the moment or in the near future, what is the point of starting a thread like this and sending me a link anonymously? 

That’s completely fine regarding  you not able to accept visitors.

I stated you wasn’t being rude or blunt. It was just very “awkward”. 

As I haven’t purchased from you before I wanted experience from the bass community. I’ll be buying blind frankly. 

I am not sure what you mean by the anonymous link. I just sent a link of the pb70 I was interested in purchasing. 

19 minutes ago, soulstar89 said:

This isn’t a bashing thread not my vibe or energy. I just wanted input from the community. 

To tell you what exactly ?

The fella can't accept visitors, it starts and ends there; BC opinions won't change a thing.

I doubt you'll buy that bass now but if you did you wouldn't be 'buying blindly', online purchases are covered by DSR; two weeks make your mind up time.

Instore purchases don't come with the same protection.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No worries, someone sent me a link of this thread, it must have been someone else if it wasn't you, I have many haters for various reasons, they get a kick out of things like this. You've met me in person before, it's awkward for you to ask people about me, you definitely know more about me than 99.9% on here. For full disclosure I've torn my ACL 22 days ago, I can just about walk now and I need surgery, I'm still trying to work but there are lots of physical challenges, packing/ unpacking guitars, fret-dressing while sitting down is proving to be rather difficult and I simply don't have couple of hours to spare for someone to come and try multiple guitars, sorry.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, fenderfever said:

. For full disclosure I've torn my ACL 22 days ago, I can just about walk now and I need surgery, I'm still trying to work but there are lots of physical challenges, packing/ unpacking guitars, fret-dressing while sitting down is proving to be rather difficult and I simply don't have couple of hours to spare for someone to come and try multiple guitars, sorry.

Here's to a speedy recovery. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Just want to chip in and say I bought a MIJ Hama Okamoto P bass from @fenderfever and the service was great. The bass is probably the one I play most and it I can't fault anything with the transaction, really happy with the whole process and I'd happily buy from there again. I played a few basses when down there and they were all really great, very nicely setup. In fact, I'd say the bass I bought was probably one of the best setup basses I've ever played and a couple of mates who have played it were really impressed with it 👍

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Just want to chip in and say I bought a MIJ Hama Okamoto P bass from @fenderfever and the service was great. The bass is probably the one I play most and it I can't fault anything with the transaction, really happy with the whole process and I'd happily buy from there again. I played a few basses when down there and they were all really great, very nicely setup. In fact, I'd say the bass I bought was probably one of the best setup basses I've ever played and a couple of mates who have played it were really impressed with it 👍

Cheers for the input 

I went there some time ago. Just after lock down. He had some gems. 

Edited by soulstar89
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Beedster said:

Sorry mate but it reads like one to me :( 

wasn’t the intention. Just wanted recent input. Wasn’t saying he was rude in the slightest as my physical experience with him was positive. 

sometimes the intention gets lost in these threads. 

• 9 months later...

I’ve just had a MIJ 51 p bass delivered from Fenderfever today.

I had some trepidation because £1k is a lot of money for me, and this thread was the only store review I could find.

Two days after I paid, I had a duplicate deduction appear on my credit card app. It disappeared next day, so I think it’s just a Mastercard thing.

But all doubts have now dissipated - fast delivery and bass is exactly as described.

I’m very happy I shopped there!

• Like 1

This JB75 is just fab.. 70s spacing also. £1,195..That is alot of coin for a used MIJ though.. £895 for the MIJ traditional....considering people are asking frankly ridiculous money for MIJ Marcus Millers atm these are a no brainer. I would even think twice.  

myns9puuep7xditifou7.jpg

ktwqhowz567gqqwp7b1s.jpg

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 1

On 09/06/2023 at 20:10, fenderfever said:

So you can give your own point of view ? So we can understand your situation better and adjust our expectations?

edit - read thread in full, hope things are better for you 

Edited by Geek99

7 hours ago, bubinga5 said:

This JB75 is just fab.. 70s spacing also. £1,195..That is alot of coin for a used MIJ though

Seems to be the way they're going. I'm seeing any shop selling used MIJ lefty basses trying to get as close to £1000 for quite common models that were £450 new ten years ago. I agree, it makes it hard to part with the cash but it seems to be the market rate.