Why become a member? ×

All the Beatles recordings, Just the Bass

58 minutes ago, jonno1981 said:

Is the fuzziness here inherent of the original recording or is it part of the process to isolate the bass? 
Or the YouTube compression 🧐

Someone's used an AI software like Moises to isolate the bass. Whilst it does a good job in general, it doesn't work well for showing a single instrument soloed, where you can hear some bleed, noise gate and digital artefacts. It works way better for removing an instrument from a mix, I think. But these results are enough to help you pick up the lines.

• Like 3

I must admit i've only recently started listening to the Beatles, and muddled my way through 'Don't Let Me Down' last night, lovely bassline to play :) Mind you I think I prefer this version:

3 hours ago, ped said:

I must admit i've only recently started listening to the Beatles, and muddled my way through 'Don't Let Me Down' last night, lovely bassline to play :) Mind you I think I prefer this version:

Shows what I have always said. A good song sounds good in (almost) any genre/style.

1 hour ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Yeah, not very well isolated, sounds like poo.

But also the intonation on Paul's Höfner is painfully off.

Great basslines though, and in the actual full mixes it does sound just fine.

That's the thing, if you listen to a lot of isolated bass tracks by "famous" names / bands they often sound a bit rubbish, it's just a raw signal as far as the engineer / producer is concerned, a bit like some very rough sketching on a canvas that becomes a painting, after much work and re touching. 

Always interesting to listen to this stuff tho

I bet many vocal performances are cringe worthy before the application of the various magic sponges... 

1 minute ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Always interesting to listen to this stuff tho

I bet many vocal performances are cringe worthy before the application of the various magic sponges... 

Not mine dude ….

I’ll get my coat 

• Haha 1