Why become a member? ×

REDUCED AGAIN SGC NANYO BASS COLLECTION active 5 string NOW £260 ANY GUITAR OR BASS RELATED TRADE CONSIDERED - *SOLD*
£300
Stoke-on-Trent

Skezza

Bass Collection active 5 string from 1991 WAS £300 THEN £280 NOW £260

NOW £260 ANY GUITAR OR BASS RELATED TRADE CONSIDERED

I have owned this since 2000 and done loads of gigs with it.  At one time I had 4 bass collection 5 stringers and 1 bass collection passive 4 string 

Its a brilliant guitar and is in good condition no real damage and everything works as it should.  Of the 4 active bass collections I have owned they all had different preamps but this was by far the best one. I think 1991 was the first year of manufacture.

I have bad arthritis in my hands and struggle to play a 34inch 5 string.  I am currently gigging with a passive 4 string 30inch Nordstrand Acinonyx.

It does not come with any bag or case so I will not be posting it.  The strap buttons are part of my straplock system so these will be replaced with the originals

DSCF0094.JPG

DSCF0095.JPG

DSCF0096.JPG

DSCF0098.JPG

DSCF0099.JPG

DSCF0100.JPG

DSCF0101.JPG

DSCF0092.JPG

DSCF0093.JPG

DSCF0097.JPG

Edited by Skezza
price reduction
  • Like 10

14 minutes ago, NoirBass said:

Forgive me for pointing it out, but aren’t the windings on the B and G strings round the posts the wrong way?

No, they are the 'right' way - the B and G machine heads are reversed, so the B turns in the same direction to tighten the string as the E and the A, and the G in the same direction as the D. And vice versa to loosen. Also the pull is slightly straighter.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NoirBass said:

I used to have one of these back in the day - Great basses!

Forgive me for pointing it out, but aren’t the windings on the B and G strings round the posts the wrong way?

I thought the same thing but a search for original brochure photos and every other photo I could find shows the B and G windings the same as this one.

37 minutes ago, pete.young said:

No, they are the 'right' way - the B and G machine heads are reversed, so the B turns in the same direction to tighten the string as the E and the A, and the G in the same direction as the D. And vice versa to loosen. Also the pull is slightly straighter.

Fair enough, it's been a while since I had mine. Every days and education 😀 - GLWTS!

• Skezza changed the title to SGC NANYO BASS COLLECTION active 5 string swap for short scale bass or £300
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Skezza changed the title to SGC NANYO BASS COLLECTION active 5 string £300 or swap for short scale bass or small bass cab 1 x 15 or 1 x 12 or 2 x10
  • 1 month later...
  • Skezza changed the title to SGC NANYO BASS COLLECTION active 5 string £300
  • Skezza changed the title to SGC NANYO BASS COLLECTION active 5 string NOW £280 or trade for lightweight 1 x 12 or 1 x 15 or 30inch short scale bass