Why become a member? ×

Signature basses

Rayman

7 hours ago, nilorius said:

Signature basses are not cheap absolutely not the popular ones. I have experience with 2. 1rst. - Fender Jaco artist jazz bass in which i was a little disapointed (finish and sound)

To be less disappointed, try a, now discontinued, Squier VM jazz fretless. S/h should only cost you a few hundred. 

1 hour ago, Boodang said:

To be less disappointed, try a, now discontinued, Squier VM jazz fretless. S/h should only cost you a few hundred. 

I don't need any more fretless, so fretted my Jaco and it's sounds perfect. As to fretless Ibanez GWB1005 is a 5 string fretless and all i can dream for.  

1 hour ago, nilorius said:

I don't need any more fretless, so fretted my Jaco and it's sounds perfect.  

Sacre bleu!! Jaco will never forgive you... oh wait, it's fender he should never forgive for producing the thing in the first place.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, la bam said:

I'd love to see a high end name, like a real big name, get a signature from a real cheap brand so their fans could own one, and then play it live in front of them, thatd be cool.

Mike Dirnt of Green Day with a Squier Precision signature instrument?

3 hours ago, la bam said:

I'm not sure, doesnt he play the fender version, rather than the squire?

He did originally play the Squier, then became a little bit of a gear snob and went to Fender (a proper gear snob would have gone for something good as well as expensive).

2 hours ago, tauzero said:

He did originally play the Squier, then became a little bit of a gear snob and went to Fender (a proper gear snob would have gone for something good as well as expensive).

Don't You really think he understood that Fender is better ?

Edited by nilorius

Without any real effort on my part I’ve ended up with 50% of my pack being sig basses.

Status CW sig....it’s just a lovely bass and it was one that Rob Green was finishing up for stock not long before he ‘retired’. No regrets on that one.

Squier Mustang Mikey Way. It’s silver glitter and suits my glam rock band to a T. It’s also not a bad bass....

Fender JMJ Mustang. I had no idea who JMJ was but this is a great Mustang.

• Like 1

Interesting...I am fascinated by The Ged and was looking to buy his MIM Jazz quite a few years ago, (possibly 2008 ish).....played it at a local shop and to be honest, it was NOT my bass....The Long Haired Admiral, (in her infinite sonic and visual wisdom), chose the Jazz 75 re-issue at the time, (natural with the black blocks)......wise words....still my only bass.  Would I consider buying a Sig Bass? No.

(Disclaimer - (I bought a Custom Shop Gilmour Relic around the same time and it's appreciating quite nicely - one for the Grand Kids).  Sorry....

That was a few years ago - my rig with a 2112 / RBI / Ashdown does what I need......

On 28/02/2023 at 13:32, Supernaut said:

Modulus Flea? The Stingray defined. 

Am I right in thinking this was basically the Modulus Sonic Hammer with a signature attached? Awesome bass, no doubt about it. Properly brutal.

The Bruce Thomas Profile bass - it seems to get a lot of love and he seems very pleased with how it turned out. He had an awful lot of input to the design, right down to mixing paint to get the right shade of "salmon pink".