Why become a member? ×

It's not cheap but it sure is nice....

vinorange

I'd have to counter by saying it's not cheap, nor is it nice. 

That kind of finish always looks extremely cheap and tacky to me. It reminds me of all those 80's budget basses and guitars that were trying to look much flashier than they actually were. 

Give me plain colour or natural wood any day. 

• Like 3

One of the few occasions I've ever looked at anything with 'Fender' on the end & gone "WANT THAT ONE!"

Not sure who makes Japanese Fenders these days, but if the old rules still apply, MIJ = Fujigen. And it was them responsible for the FotoFlame stickers... :ph34r:

• Like 1

On 31/01/2023 at 08:43, Newfoundfreedom said:

I'd have to counter by saying it's not cheap, nor is it nice. 

That kind of finish always looks extremely cheap and tacky to me. It reminds me of all those 80's budget basses and guitars that were trying to look much flashier than they actually were. 

Give me plain colour or natural wood any day. 

100% agree. I shudder when I see flame maple tops on exotic basses as it almost always will look tacky or remind me of tacky instruments...

• Like 1

Because this bridge works great with these Fender basses and many others.

Each time I've put another bridge, I simply noticed that it adds strictly nothing sound wise to that BBOT bridge.

Simplicity is often the best way to achieve a goal.

7 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Because this bridge works great with these Fender basses and many others.

Each time I've put another bridge, I simply noticed that it adds strictly nothing sound wise to that BBOT bridge.

Simplicity is often the best way to achieve a goal.

I'm not talking about sound, I'm talking more about tuning stability and more scope for intonation. I'd go as far to say that nobody could tell the difference in sound between a BBOT and a Hi-Mass bridge.

1 hour ago, WHUFC BASS said:

For that sort of money, I'd at least want a hi-mass bridge on it. Why do Fender still persist with the BBOT, even on their high-end basses?

I did say it wasn't cheap.....but  how much extra would a Fender high mass Bridge have been? £20. No brainer for what they intend to be high end bass really.