Why become a member? ×

2023 Gear Abstinence Thread

jimmyb625

50 minutes ago, TeresaFR said:

I sold a drum machine and two pedals and picked up one pedal and a pair of flat patch cables as part exchange and came out of it with money in pocket. Am I out?

Yep, the new pedal did it not the way it was financed.

I'm on 6 weeks which i think is a record for me for at least 3 years.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Simon C said:

So 2 weeks with nothing on the thread, then a flurry of "I'm out" and "Does this mean I'm out?"  Were you all hid behind the sofa waiting for someone to break cover, or did you really all buy stuff yesterday? 😁

Literally on Wednesday of this week. Not everyone lives inside a forum, not even a bass one.

5 hours ago, neepheid said:

How is the recovery from your funectomy going? ;)

Look here you blackguard, I have a medical condition that means I'm still waiting for a humourplasty operation. The waiting list is phenomenally long, however. And whilst I am indeed landed gentry, I'm also the most cheap scoundrel you could possibly meet and thus refuse to go private.

• Haha 7

Right, I am officially out. I am a weak person, I know. But how is this my fault? I was drooling over this bass the first time it went for sale. Then the second. At least, I thought, ot will go to a good home. But then I saw this!! 😁

Edited by Paolo85
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paolo85 said:

Right, I am officially out. I am a weak person, I know. But how is this my fault? I was drooling over this bass the first time it went for sale. Then the second. At least, I thought, ot will go to a good home. But then I saw this!! 😁

If it helps ease your conscience, I think you’ve done the right thing. 👍

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Paolo85 said:

You've also saved someone else from buying more gear... 👍

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ezbass said:

Well that didn't last long. Incoming package from Thomann with all sorts of bits and pieces.

But if those bits and pieces are not part of the signal chain, or are to repair or replace existing kit, or relate to other instruments, there may be a Case for the Defence  - you may still be in for 2023!

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, bass_dinger said:

But if those bits and pieces are not part of the signal chain, or are to repair or replace existing kit, or relate to other instruments, there may be a Case for the Defence  - you may still be in for 2023!

Wait, what ?

Does that mean an audio interface doesn't count then ?

o.O

1 hour ago, bass_dinger said:

Er... Well... Hmm...

There's a blend pot in there, a gigbag and a guitar stand, all of which could be cause for leniency. However, the eq pedal and an actual bass rule me out, out, big time ;) :D .

• Haha 3

On 27/02/2023 at 10:36, neepheid said:

Into the lion's den today of Glasgow guitar shops. I'm not participating this year so think of it as me going so you don't have to. Stay strong, bass brothers and sisters...

How did yesterday go ?

:biggrin: