Why become a member? ×

ACG Dao - 4 String - - *WITHDRAWN*
£1050
Newbury (ish)

Gardenerben

Up for sale is my  ACG Dao which I've owned from new. 

Black Limba body

Quilt Maple Top

34" Scale

5 piece Maple/Wenge neck

Acrylic Impregnated Maple finger board

16" Radius

Asymmetric neck carve

42mm at the nut

22 Fret

Between 4Kg and 4.1 Kg (Bathroom scales)

Pickups - ACG PB Neck, ACG BZ1 Bridge

Preamp - ACG Passive plus (Battery compartment present if you wanted to add)

Pick up wise think of it as a P/MM, controls are Volume - Tone - 4 way Rotary - 3 way Toggle. The ACG BZ1 contains ceramic and alnico single coils, with the rotary knob giving options of Ceramic, both parallel, both series or Alnico. The toggle switch then gives PB, Both or BZ1. So it's a really flexible package but most importantly it sounds great with an amazing clarity to the tones.

Ergonomics work really well, I find it comfortable to play seated or standing. The combination of bridge position (set far back P bass style) with a generous top horn gives it a really compact/easy access feeling.

It's in excellent condition, on close inspection I have spotted one 4mm lacquer crack at the neck pocket, pic attached. My reason for sale is I have an ACG 5 string with the same PUP config and I'm forcing myself to choose between them. Collection or meet for handover within reasonable distance. I have a hiscox and packaging if shipping is required (at buyers cost).

PXL_20221226_134149547.jpg

PXL_20221226_134130275.jpg

PXL_20221226_134204424.jpg

PXL_20221226_134400150.jpg

PXL_20221226_134327028.jpg

PXL_20221226_134345282.jpg

PXL_20221226_134411174.jpg

Edited by Gardenerben
Price
  • Like 22

• Gardenerben changed the title to ACG Dao - 4 String - Price drop
  • Gardenerben changed the title to ACG Dao - 4 String - Open to offers and trades
On 08/01/2023 at 12:51, AndyTravis said:

Without sounding like an @rse - that’s only the second ACG I’ve looked at and thought “Ooft…that’s nice”

GLWTS - lovely looking thing.

The first one was mine, wasn't it? 😆

13 hours ago, Conan said:

Heartbreaking how underappreciated these beauties are 😱🤨🙄😭

Alan's basses, in my humble opinion, of having played bass for forty years!! Are as good as it gets in custom hand built basses..This is another example of an out an out bargain, at a give away price..Somebody will be very happy👍

• Like 2

• Gardenerben changed the title to ACG Dao - 4 String - Open to trades - Now £850
  • Gardenerben changed the title to ACG Dao - 4 String - £750

That looks so good and has everything going for it that I scrolled up to the description hoping it would be 3.5kg (it looks like it should weigh that).  It is still light but sadly for my dodgy shoulder just over my limit!  

GLWTS though I imagine at £750 it'll be gone soon enough.  

• Thanks 1