Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash: Nottingham, 22 April 2023 👍

Richard R

On 22/04/2023 at 12:00, GremlinAndy said:

My delivery has arrived, but it’d be 1:00 (traffic permitting) before I can get there, so I’m gonna give it a miss guys.   I’m really sorry.  I was looking forward to trying the short scale bass too.    Next time hopefully.

I have just clocked that I missed the 39" Shuker :( Sorry you could not make it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Owen said:

I have just clocked that I missed the 39" Shuker :( Sorry you could not make it.

Yeah me too.    It looked like you guys had a blast.    I’ve got such a lot going on at the moment.   I think I was being naive think *something* wouldn’t blow me out of the water.   I’ll be there next year 100%!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I'm still waiting for the invoice from the people who run the Prospect Street venue, but I've made an interim donation on our behalf to the Nordoff-Robbins music charity.  I reckon there should be a bit more, but I'll send that when I have the full expenses to hand.

Nordoff Robbins receipt 130523.PNG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Hamster unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...

I'd love to attend a 2024 Bash and would be happy to book the 2023 location in Nottingham, if that is what people want, but I'm afraid I won't be able to get involved in any of the organisation this time: I'm about to start a new job and have very little idea of my availability over the next few months, as it will involve shift work.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. 

Pete

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/12/2023 at 16:55, petecarlton said:

I'd love to attend a 2024 Bash and would be happy to book the 2023 location in Nottingham, if that is what people want, but I'm afraid I won't be able to get involved in any of the organisation this time: I'm about to start a new job and have very little idea of my availability over the next few months, as it will involve shift work.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. 

Pete

it's not being unhelpful - it's passing the baton

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi @PTB

At this rate not until the summer sometime. I'm likely to be working away from home much of the week for some months, so weekends are getting booked up as the only time to do things at home. Apri, May and June are now out for me 😞

What we should have done, of course, was to immediately book the venue and date straight after the last one, thus putting a stake in the ground before anything else. 

If anyone else wants to organise a bash then please go ahead!!