Why become a member? ×

Anybody listening to DOMINIC & JD BECK?

TheGreek

I can't deal with the nasally voice-thingy-thing. I just can't. Stops me dead. I can't listen to good music with one part broken. I can't even listen long enough to find out if it's good music.

I'm 64 but I may be of this generation in that if you don't pull me in in 15secs. and I jump a minute in, and YOU STILL BE DOING THAT, I'm gone.

Of course I can listen to Rainbow Dome Music all night.

DOMi is great just the "other" stuff.

Edited by StickyDBRmf

4 hours ago, cheddatom said:

yeh their first album came out recently, Anderson Paak is on one track and it's well cool...

Matter of taste, of course, but I had to turn it off at halfway, giving it the mental label of 'Truly Awful'. Not a fan. At all. Thanks for sharing; it's just not to my taste. At all. :|

I think Domi and JD are great. I haven't had chance to listen to their album properly yet, but the track with Anderson Paak is ace, especially the bit around the 4 minute mark.

I like that there are players like them around, who clearly have Jazz sensibilities but are also taking influence from guys like Thundercat and Chris 'Daddy' Dave. It keeps jazz fresh, and stops it being stuck in the past.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Hearing lots of good things about this pair of young jazzers. They have written stuff for Herbie Hancock and others. 

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kXLzoOxZvbV89JMRnDmuuuBMtHQhqP5pg

I've only heard and watched their instrumental jams which have been really entertaining and at times inspired a few grooves of my own. I hadn't heard anything with vocals in up until this point. They're both great musicians that gel very well together.