Why become a member? ×

PARCEL CARRIERS

tom1946

Hi all, has anyone else had a problem finding a courier to take a 280cm long box with a bass in?

I can't find anyone for love or money, how is everyone else coping? Never had a problem in the past so what's changed?

cheers, Tom.

...but as a serious remark, I routinely sent six yard kayaks by lorry or boat. A bit more expensive than a 20 gram letter you take to the post office, but still. IOW, maybe it's best to not find "small parcels" carriers but transport firms catering for businesses.

It seems a lot of parcel couriers have an issue with the length of a bass guitar..... except Parcel Force who seem to understand that parcels can be long and have no issue with it. And they're cheap. Use them all the time and they've been good.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BassTractor said:

...but as a serious remark, I routinely sent six yard kayaks by lorry or boat. A bit more expensive than a 20 gram letter you take to the post office, but still. IOW, maybe it's best to not find "small parcels" carriers but transport firms catering for businesses.

Best sent by boat I reckon....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

Best sent by boat I reckon....

LOL.
Yeah, feels like home.

Forgot to say that for @tom1946, such a transport firm probably is very expensive. You'd probably need to be a regular to get a good deal. OTOH, IME personal contact is everything when dealing with these firms, so who knows.

6 hours ago, Boodang said:

It seems a lot of parcel couriers have an issue with the length of a bass guitar..... except Parcel Force who seem to understand that parcels can be long and have no issue with it. And they're cheap. Use them all the time and they've been good.

Parcel Force don't insure music instruments, so I always avoid them. UPS seem pretty good and I have a drop off point nearby.