Why become a member? ×

Posting a gig bag

ped

Hi folks

A box seems overkill, especially as it would need to be even wider than a box used for a hard case. Has anyone shipped a big/deep gig bag like a Mono or Fusion case and what did you use? I’m wondering if I could wrap it in brown paper or wrap it in bin liners and tape…it’s not going to require padding after all. Maybe I can just put stamps on it!

I received a Fusion bag that was carefully wrapped in bin liner type material and tape just last week - I think it was a Parcelforce Express 48 service.  The bag and packaging arrived entirely undamaged, though that may be a fluke.  The entire package was very light and the shipping cost very reasonable.  I'd probably do the same if I was sending, though use premium bin-liners or plastic rubble sacks (the latter are much stronger).

• Like 2

I once received a Warwick Streamer LX by mail packaged in just its gigbag with a DHL label clung directly on the fabric, and with an old t-shirt around the tuners for extra "protection", and it came out fine. I recon an empty gigbag should be good with just the clingfilm recommended above :lol:

• Like 1