Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig of choice for the weekend ** Basschat edition**

bassace97

19 hours ago, Merton said:

(For clarity, I made the drummer physically sick at last week’s rehearsal co if the high SPL … just for fun, y’know 😬)

I fear for your ears. It's no fun being deaf and hearing aids are expensive. My current pair cost six grand!! 

57 minutes ago, BassmanPaul said:

I fear for your ears. It's no fun being deaf and hearing aids are expensive. My current pair cost six grand!! 

Absolutely right - we don’t normally get so silly, honest guv’. 

When I were a young’un I used to think ridiculously loud was the only way but it’s really nice to play in bands who can control the volume. Much better clarity on stage and an happier performance all round.

22 hours ago, Merton said:

Absolutely right - we don’t normally get so silly, honest guv’. 

When I were a young’un I used to think ridiculously loud was the only way but it’s really nice to play in bands who can control the volume. Much better clarity on stage and an happier performance all round.

Can you have a word with our guitarist please? She can't control her volume and it's always her that makes my ears ring.

Just now, asingardenof said:

Can you have a word with our guitarist please? She can't control her volume and it's always her that makes my ears ring.

TBH our drummist is a bit of a nightmare (hence making him vomit didn’t upset me 🤣) but we rein him in. Both breeds are bloody hard work when they want to be aren’t they!

• Like 1

Spent the last 2 days in the studio recording with this setup 😍 Ampeg V4B into the 810av. Thankfully the V4B is already mine but playing through that cab has really made me want one, but my back says no.
IMG_81462.thumb.JPG.74a91a92bf66613832858d132e8debc5.JPGCE98ED2D-4A28-44E6-8903-18010D796A8B2.thumb.JPG.6ce7051454428f0551458df9bbd00c7f.JPG

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Funny how some basses sound dire at home, yet great in the live mix - and vice versa of course. So I’ve found this same phenomenon with my new Orange OBC112cab too - a little initially underwhelming at home, but my word at rehearsal it was thunderous, vintage sounds and just simply great. Now I’m thinking I may sell my Darkglass DG1x12 and get a second Orange….really didn’t see that one coming.

IMG_6667.thumb.jpeg.613b0fabe33c127e7e23970b30d2d4c0.jpeg

• Like 4

Having been asked to join a newly forming band a few months ago, we’ve now got two hours worth of good material and a dozen gigs in the diary, the first being on Good Friday. I assembled my gear at home this week to do some assessment. I think the two 10’s with the Bergantino are reliably ample and are going to get the most use, but the Bassman has a great vintage valve tone and I’m hoping it will work too if I’m DI’d into FOH as well. 
Rob

0EE93967-2100-4392-8DF7-32EA804E51A0.jpeg

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, ossyrocks said:

Having been asked to join a newly forming band a few months ago, we’ve now got two hours worth of good material and a dozen gigs in the diary, the first being on Good Friday. I assembled my gear at home this week to do some assessment. I think the two 10’s with the Bergantino are reliably ample and are going to get the most use, but the Bassman has a great vintage valve tone and I’m hoping it will work too if I’m DI’d into FOH as well. 
Rob

Both wonderful setups, especially the bassman 👌

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ossyrocks said:

Rob

Both wonderful setups , especially the Forte !

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ossyrocks said:

Rob

mmmmm the fender bassman I love their tone I am very jealous!! Do you use it with the BF cab?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Minininjarob said:

mmmmm the fender bassman I love their tone I am very jealous!! Do you use it with the BF cab?

I “intend” to use it with the BF cab. It may look like an early 70’s Bassman, but it’s been rebuilt from scratch by Martin Garton (Gartone Amps), and the only original parts now are the chassis, cabinet, mains transformer and choke. Yes, it’s still a 50w head based on the Fender circuit, but it’s essentially a new amp internally. It does sound really good through the Super Compact. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ossyrocks said:

I “intend” to use it with the BF cab. It may look like an early 70’s Bassman, but it’s been rebuilt from scratch by Martin Garton (Gartone Amps), and the only original parts now are the chassis, cabinet, mains transformer and choke. Yes, it’s still a 50w head based on the Fender circuit, but it’s essentially a new amp internally. It does sound really good through the Super Compact. 

Yes I’ve seen you talk about it (and one person rubbish what you were doing which was weird) and I’m glad you got something you love the sound of. Looks mint!! 

• Like 2

This was supposed to be my rig at a gig last night, but unfortunately it developed a fault

during soundcheck that meant me having to use my normal GK set up. Shame, as whilst

it was working it sounded marvellous, and took me back to when I had a great vintage

SVT rig 25 years ago. 

IMG_3680.jpeg

• Like 3

My rig from last night. 

MarkBass Little Mark IV

Barefaced Two10

Fender Japan 62 RI Fretless Jazz

Fender Japan 62 RI Fretless Precision

Ibanez UB804 EUB

image0(2).thumb.jpeg.41c1177715eba3a0cbc3df18a66391f3.jpeg

Edited by Linus27
  • Like 3