Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig of choice for the weekend ** Basschat edition**

bassace97

Forgot just how great sounding the non class D, heavy stuff sounds. A/B’d my Eden WT550 against my Markbass LMT and it blew it out the proverbial water…proper heft, fat tone and of course back braking heavy! Great vintage vibes at a non rehearsed classic 70’s rock gig with the first outing of my Zon. Sounded sublime!

Excuse the dusty end pic, only the ‘tic toc’ of Pink Floyd’s ‘Time’ 😂

IMG_5413.thumb.png.8d97436123f3b71e71abe68cf6bb8a99.png

• Like 10

The Aguilar arrived , it will be going home to be parked on an Aguilar SL112 cab , but for the time being it’s getting a good workout on top of my tiny PhilJones. And it was making that SG sound wonderful!

IMG_8331.jpeg

• Like 8

The SG has quite different pickups under very similar looking covers. And a simplified VVT knob layout so it’s much easier to dial in.
They stopped making the EBO in 89 , the EB3 in 79. The SG came out in 05. 

I had a an EB0F in the sixties. That was an EB0 with a built in fuzz box. The fuzz was terrible! The bass was stolen from The 21 Club in Liverpool.

I replaced it with an EB2 which was also stolen. Earlier I had a Hofner Violin Bass stolen in Widnes, Lancashire. <sigh>

This rig is just ridiculous. Took my pedalboard tonight as usual, as it houses my tuner and wireless set up, but didn’t engage any other pedals all night. Just Sire V7 Vintage, straight into the Fusion 550. It just sounds fabulous 

IMG_1420.jpeg

• Like 7

This was a two gig / two rig weekend. For the festival on Saturday, I took the Trace AH200 head plus BLX-110 cab as I knew space would be tight, and also wanted something I could shift easily in a hurry. For Sunday's beer garden gig, it was back to the good old MAG300 combo - much as I love the Five Fifteen minirig I've been using recently, it seemed a little bit lost the last time I used it outdoors, so I'm probably going to keep it for our small indoor / village hall gigs, and use the MAG for everything else going forward.

rig anderby.jpg

rig red lion.jpg

• Like 6

Testing out my new Little Mark IV, as my TC BH550 has started to get a little temperamental with volume drops. A very, very smooth and detailed tone. I don't like MB cabs, but their heads are still some of the best in the business (the revised low-end EQ on the LM4 is excellent).

PXL_20230729_163345142.jpg

• Like 4

I had two 30min originals sets this week and my rig was just bass, pedalboard, amp head (with a Mooer Radar after the DI) since getting the cab around wasn't even worth it..
IMG_3832.thumb.jpg.2d6104d2c8c32316199cf96a14160c6f.jpg

I'm luckly very satisfied about the tone I get out of the PA throught using the radar with my own cab Ir's loaded so I don't miss my cabs too much in these sets

Edited by SonnyBassPlayer
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, 40hz said:

their heads are still some of the best in the business (the revised low-end EQ on the LM4 is excellent)

I do miss the LM3 I owned previously. The Little Mark amps are a very mature and well thought out product that can do almost any genre of music. If I was to buy another class-d head, The LM4 would high up on my list of considerations 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This didn't go to plan... The venue insisted I use their bass stack last time, I didn't check and actually it's out of action. I also gave the singer a lift so didn't have room to bring my ABM rig just in case, so I chucked my SWR Working Pro 10 in the car. I ended up DI'ing off my preamp pedal and having the SWR for some sound behind me. It is not what you'd usually pair with this bass but it all worked out fine... 

PXL_20230902_184628369.jpg

PXL_20230902_192619537.jpg

Edited by uk_lefty
To make sense of my tired ramblings
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...