Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig of choice for the weekend ** Basschat edition**

bassace97

The Hotone has a mini Aux In so you can plug in a tablet , and headphones … and practice without disturbing anybody. It’s a good practice rig , I don’t use it to drive speakers. 
I spend a lot of time using phones and the Hotone.

Band not gigging at present due to band member health issues and rehearshals are also infrequent. The opportunity for some rehearshal studio shake down time was too good to pass up today. If I was gigging this weekend, I'd be using this lot of bass noise making stuff.

IMG_1989.thumb.jpeg.c3b13bb4b74056f508f3c74524ac30f8.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

Rig for yesterday's Coronation gig at a pub in High Wycombe.  Gallien Kruger Legacy 800 into a Barefaced Super Compact.  

IMG_0601.jpeg

Nice rig, although I think I’d have trouble with the (presumably guitarist’s) Vox combo

at head height? 🤨

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, casapete said:

Nice rig, although I think I’d have trouble with the (presumably guitarist’s) Vox combo

at head height? 🤨

It wasn't ideal; our singer/guitarist got there first.  The placing of the PA was worse though and when I wasn't on BV duties I shifted over to the left of it all.  I could hear myself but not very well, though listening to videos of the gig the sound was ok for the audience.  We were supposed to be playing in the garden but the weather put paid to that.

• Like 2

Once while playing a gig at Toronto's Ontario Place we had to stack the keyboard players' 4x12 on top my twin 15. There were times when I felt dizzy and nauseous. We never did that again!! :( Sadly my hearing was never the same again! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

@Merton Why would you consider this overkill?  I stack my Acme B2 2x10s in the exact same way. There's safety in numbers and the two cabs take up the exact same stage space as one. You can hear yourself better 'cos the upper cabinet is closer to your ears. Add to that the dispersion out into the room is much improved so the audience hears you better too! It's a win, win situation.

Edited by BassmanPaul
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BassmanPaul said:

@Merton Why would you consider this overkill?  I stack my Acme B2 2x10s in the exact same way. There's safety in numbers and the two cabs take up the exact same stage space as one. You can hear yourself better 'cos the upper cabinet is closer to your ears. Add to that the dispersion out into the room is much improved so the audience hears you better too! It's a win, win situation.

Plus it looks good too !! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BassmanPaul said:

Absolutely agree. I say overkill because of our drummist was a bit less heavy handed we’d all be able to use less on stage and not need ear protection ;)

I have four Acme boxes and I love them. once I was setting a pair of them up and the band leader says reprovingly 'That's an awfully big bass amp Paul'. I wouldn't have minded but he stood on the other side of the stage with a pletora of instruments most of which he never actually played between us. I barely had room to stand let alone move. 🤯 

• Like 1

On 08/05/2023 at 11:51, Heartbreaker said:

My Sterio Rig for my Rickenbackers. 2 Markbass 410HLF Mk1 cabs, Ampeg SVT4 Pro amp. Hartke 5000 amp. Korg tuner.

002.JPG

How would you compare the 4001 to the 4003? 

Thought I would give the Orange amp a run out this weekend instead of my usual Mesa. Venue was a bit tight width wise so it was stuffed in a corner. I'm still really pleased with it as a lighter weight big iron amp 😁

IMG_20230512_211853.thumb.jpg.dc148360fe7989ac6f9d3fa065d5b808.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bigbottomend said:

Overwhelmed with this set up , the tone from the Handbox is unreal and that cab makes it sound like an earthquake ! 

All set to be making some people deaf this weekend... 

NewAmp.jpeg

Looks great, love it ☝️

• Like 1