Why become a member? ×

alembic stanley clarke deluxe for sale

carlbass

As this looks like it's a bit of a 'dead' for sale thread I thought I'd add that new Alembic prices in the USA are, unsurprisingly, way, way, below the massive list ones they quote.

If you want a custom build then you could certainly be looking at very high prices against their ratecard but if you track down a dealer with something in stock then even top of the range stuff that lists around $12K is trading between $6K & $7K. At today's exchange rates that's around the £4K mark for something brand new. Obviously you'd have shipping & duties on top but if anyone is in the market for a high end Alembic then this is a good indication of what's available :)

[quote name='molan' post='510336' date='Jun 10 2009, 04:22 PM']but if anyone is in the market for a high end Alembic then this is a good indication of what's available :)[/quote]

Or not available. :rolleyes:

I still prefere myths, legends and folktales.
It would be nice to come back to Basschat in ten years and see if the
'Alembic Stanley Clarke Deluxe' ever surfaced.

Have a bump on me,
or a bump in the night on me.

Garry

[quote name='lowdown' post='510363' date='Jun 10 2009, 04:43 PM']Or not available. :)

I still prefere myths, legends and folktales.
It would be nice to come back to Basschat in ten years and see if the
'Alembic Stanley Clarke Deluxe' ever surfaced.

Have a bump on me,
or a bump in the night on me.

Garry[/quote]
The thread will be, but there'll still be no pics

[quote name='MB1' post='510127' date='Jun 10 2009, 01:16 PM']MB1. :)
....So You havent seen the bass either Lawrence?....without pictures your pissing in the wind at that price!
BUMP![/quote]
Haha - Nope - I haven't seen it but I'm pretty sure it exists ('don't want to get into discussions of the metaphysical here) I suspect Carlbass hasn't been too active on BC for a while (though there's an indication he was last seen on 9th June). When we last spoke, the seller was very interested in getting hold of a couple of Wals.

If anybody is seriously interested in an Alembic, as Molan suggests the prices aren't as prohibitively high as often assumed. There are great deals at Basscentral on SCs - around £5-6k should get a very nicely specced SC into the UK for you. Alternatively, for something really special, there are a few custom specced Alembics (inlcuding Series basses) at Station Music for between £6K and £15k - see:
[url="http://www.station-music.de/bass/alembic.html"]http://www.station-music.de/bass/alembic.html[/url]

Possibly the best way to get hold of an Alembic at a reasonable price is to keep a close watch on the Alembic Club site - as others have said on BC, the Alembic Club has some very knowledgeable and supportive members and there's a decent turnaround of all Alembic models.

If Carlbass is around, it would still be great to have some pics.

I've got a Bic given to me by the The Association of Loading and Elevating Equipment Manufacturers (http://www.alem.org.uk/) that I was thinking of putting up for sale on EBay for a couple of grand.

I don't have a pic of the exact Bic but this is a fairly accurate representation:

Aha so it really does exist Carl. Apologies for casting aspersions earlier in the thread.

That's 4 photos of the back btw.

Edited to say - now it's gone again. Did I imagine it?

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

[attachment=27084:2009_alembic_009.jpg][attachment=27081:2009_alembic_001.jpg][attachment=27073:2009
_alembic_002.jpg][attachment=27074:2009_alembic_003.jpg][attachment=27075:2009_alembic_004.jpg][atta
c
hment=27076:2009_alembic_005.jpg][[attachment=27077:2009_alembic_006.jpg][attachment=27078:2009_alem
b
ic_007.jpg][attachment=27079:2009_alembic_008.jpg]

Hi all, sorry for delay not long been back from the USA. This bass is not on ebay ? I run my own business as well as play semi pro, so I dont always have time two check messages. You can call me on 07789537204 between 10 am and 7pm UK times if interested ." selling price 5300k cost 9750k new. This bass cost more than a standard deluxe due to blue LEDs , Anniversary electronics, 1.5 nut spacing ! resulting in sustained notes that just keep going and the overall tone is beefier ."This bass is awesome to play"
cheers carlbass

Edited by carlbass

Bass for sale, wooden, 4 strings, looks nice, honest. 10 grand please. Ta very much.

[quote name='RayFW' post='511154' date='Jun 11 2009, 12:19 PM']PMd[/quote]

f*** off, it's mine.

Edited by leschirons