Why become a member? ×

I'll Name That Song In One

For those of us old enough to remember the seminal game show Name That Tune (although I hasten to add I was pre-teens, possibly pre-double figures when it finished), what songs could you name after one note/chord/word/sigh/sound of the recording? If it helps, make it two notes :)

I'll keep it to two examples for me and it's One Day Like This by Elbow (love that tune) and Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears (possibly my favourite pop song of all time). 

I'm sure there are more that I could pick out but there the ones that instantly spring to mind. 

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

For the Wordle fans among you, check out Heardle.

Just tried. Not the merest scooby. I suspect that the songs they use are going to be a bit too contemporary for this old fart. :( 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Didn’t a radio show have a similar game a few years back, a couple of songs that spring to mind  that I immediately recognise is 

another one bites the dust - Queen 

three little birds- Bob Marley 

I can't actually remember the last time I listened to the radio. It must've been Jazz FM or something

16 hours ago, BreadBin said:

I get this a lot, I'll start keeping score!

Same here.

I think I could do almost every Pink Floyd song between 1971 - 1979, due to a teenage obsession.

But when I heard (unannounced) Foo Fighters cover of  Welcome to the Machine it hurt my brain - I knew I recognised the notes, chord progressions and so on. But it took about a minute to name the song because of the different tone/instrumentation.