Paul Skues

11 hours ago, jay bass said:

Hi Paul Welcome to Basschat

great bass , A real bargain at that price

i have the same Bass finished in white , i put thomastik flats on it

i have gigged with it on many occassions over

the last 5 years

index2.jpg

Thank you for the welcome Jay bass, Yes it would appear I have bag a bargain, at the moment I'm just learning how to set it up, there is a lot to take in.

Hi @Paul Skueswelcome to BassChat.
That bass looks great, and certainly looks to be a bargain price.

I must admit, if I needed to switch to short scale.... I'd be sorely tempted by one of those. Let us know how you're getting on.

And don't spend too much time in the marketplace here - or by the end of the year you'll be like the majority of us on here i.e. you'll have half a dozen basses, and still looking! ;) lol

Welcome aboard! :crigon_04:

Yep, nice bass. Learn to play the instrument you have,  and in a year or so you will have an idea of what else you might like to try. 

For example I assumed I would prefer narrow necks, but the bass I play is nicknamed "Queen Elizabeth" as you could land an aircraft on the fretboard. 

Welcome to the family Paul,

I played a couple of Chowny short scale basses at the London Guitar Show a few years back, they're lovely to play and I was seriously tempted.

Basschat is THE place to ask any questions, the amount of knowledge, practical and honest advice offered by other bass players here is second to none.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Richard R said:

Welcome aboard! :crigon_04:

Yep, nice bass. Learn to play the instrument you have,  and in a year or so you will have an idea of what else you might like to try. 

For example I assumed I would prefer narrow necks, but the bass I play is nicknamed "Queen Elizabeth" as you could land an aircraft on the fretboard. 

Thank you for the welcome Richard, to be honest I only bought this guitar because of it's looks but I have small chunky hands so I hope it suits me.

On 15/02/2022 at 13:32, Sardonicus said:

Welcome to the family Paul,

I played a couple of Chowny short scale basses at the London Guitar Show a few years back, they're lovely to play and I was seriously tempted.

Basschat is THE place to ask any questions, the amount of knowledge, practical and honest advice offered by other bass players here is second to none.

Thank you for the welcome Sardonicus, yes i'm already getting the feeling that I am on the right site to get help with my learning to play bass guitar.

Edited by Paul Skues