Why become a member? ×

Envelope Filter/Auto Wah

oldslapper

23 minutes ago, oldslapper said:

I bought a Boss FT-2 the other day. Sounded great, but made me realise that “synth” is more what I’m after for the music we write. 

Then get yourself a C4 and it'll give you everything you need 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boodang said:

... including a headache if you want to program it! Good user presets out there tho.

Alas it was the reason I got rid of mine. However there are tons of great presets, especially from our own Quatschmacher 😁

1 minute ago, lee650 said:

Alas it was the reason I got rid of mine. However there are tons of great presets, especially from our own Quatschmacher 😁

Same here, just couldn't get on with the interface, either programming or presets. I actually sent Source Audio an email asking if they were going to produce a 'knob tweeking' version, to their credit they replied to my idiotic question but it was an emphatic no! They reckon it adds 2 years development time to produce a hardware version of what the software could do apart from the increase in manufacturing costs. Shame really but understandably. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oldslapper said:

I do simple. I like simple. I play P basses. Simple 😂

However, for this project I am using a 5 string MM, so that’s more strings and controls than my brain usually has to deal with. 
An additional element needs to be as simple as possible. 🤪

So is this now a 'recommend a simple synth pedal' thread?!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Boodang said:

Same here, just couldn't get on with the interface, either programming or presets. I actually sent Source Audio an email asking if they were going to produce a 'knob tweeking' version, to their credit they replied to my idiotic question but it was an emphatic no! They reckon it adds 2 years development time to produce a hardware version of what the software could do apart from the increase in manufacturing costs. Shame really but understandably. 

I had the same complaints and got rid of my C4. It seems that they are developing it now:

Screenshot_20211221-181121_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b7a64e7a78e362a58ad87578f33201e5.jpg

All of these filter choices are subjective & I accept that. 

I have an  opposite opinion with the MXR B.E.F.            I found it to be way too Quacky' with laser beam type effects' No down sweep opition.. & it simply didn't perform or deliver a usable sound for myself in a live situation. 

The 3 Leaf filters to my ears deliver a superior quality sound' with greater user functionality.. & interaction with other effects. 

Edited by paulo m
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, paulo m said:

All of these filter choices are subjective & I accept that. 

I have an  opposite opinion with the MXR B.E.F.            I found it to be way too Quacky' with laser beam type effects' No down sweep opition.. & it simply didn't perform or deliver a usable sound for myself in a live situation. 

The 3 Leaf filters to my ears deliver a superior quality sound' with greater user functionality.. & interaction with other effects. 

On the subject of BEF, I'm with Paulo.  I had a really long play with one once, and couldn't get it to do the 'squelchy' sound I had in my head.

Solid pedal, but envelope filters are an idiosyncratic bunch - almost like playing a second instrument at times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, paul_5 said:

On the subject of BEF, I'm with Paulo.  I had a really long play with one once, and couldn't get it to do the 'squelchy' sound I had in my head.

Solid pedal, but envelope filters are an idiosyncratic bunch - almost like playing a second instrument at times.

Is this why I can't stop buying them?

At the height of my addiction I think I had about 25.

Cheap stuff, stupid expensive stuff, in between.

I've now got my Spectrum, FX25, Hotone mini thingy, and the BSW.

The guy from Lovetone is now working with ThorpyFX and I believe there will be an updated Meatball at some point.

That is going to cost me money!

• Like 2