Why become a member? ×

Easter Aguilar Bunny

Legion

There's no Rabbit to be seen here - but there is some Chocolate!

Gigged this rig Friday night and it sounded marvelous. I'm done with gear swapping (for 10 minutes at least).
[attachment=23350:Chocolate2.jpg]

Edited by Legion

[quote name='Platypus' post='454605' date='Apr 5 2009, 12:35 PM']Smart looking rig you have there, Jas[/quote]

Well done Jas, you got the set up you wanted, it looks great and I'm sure it sounds even better.

I'm really happy with the GS cabs I bought from you, they were gigged again last night and are perfect with my MB SA450 which I decided to buy after our LMK conversation. The rig fills big rooms with bass without even going past 9 o'clock!

[quote name='Rowbee' post='454662' date='Apr 5 2009, 01:46 PM']Well done Jas, you got the set up you wanted, it looks great and I'm sure it sounds even better.

I'm really happy with the GS cabs I bought from you, they were gigged again last night and are perfect with my MB SA450 which I decided to buy after our LMK conversation. The rig fills big rooms with bass without even going past 9 o'clock![/quote]

Thanks, it sounds just how I like it to right now - I'm glad you are getting on well with the GS cabs, and not at all surprised as they sound great with a Markbass in particular.

J

[quote name='Higgie' post='454720' date='Apr 5 2009, 03:25 PM']That is my dream rig! I'm halfway there already, got a chocolate thunder DB112 and an AG500SC - Just need the NT cab now!!

Glad it's working out for you, and I hope to have the same luck :rolleyes:[/quote]

You'll get there in the end Higgie, just keep watching for that extra cab :)

[quote name='crez5150' post='455678' date='Apr 6 2009, 05:19 PM']Oooo Chocolate.....Mmmmmmmm are those cabs heavy??[/quote]

They're not featherweight I'm afraid. An easy 1 handed lift but 42lbs makes them fairly hefty if you need to move them very far.

Having the rig split into 2 cabs makes that very tolerable though :)

[quote name='crez5150' post='455678' date='Apr 6 2009, 05:19 PM']Oooo Chocolate.....Mmmmmmmm are those cabs heavy??[/quote]

I have to confess I can live with the mid-weight for the tone but I so wish that they had put a pair of handles instead of one. I know that there are times when one handle actually works really well (short haul one cab in each hand) but there are just about as many situations where I do multiple trips, up stairs etc and I carry one cab grasped at the bottom/sides... hardly a chore, just saying! :)

I have to confess I 'probably' like the chocolate or vintage tweed more than the black and silver.

Stop posting pictures, dammit.

*I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410*

[quote name='Toasted' post='456134' date='Apr 7 2009, 09:14 AM']Stop posting pictures, dammit.

*I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410*[/quote]

Ha ha, keep saying that Joe!!!

[quote name='Toasted' post='456134' date='Apr 7 2009, 09:14 AM']Stop posting pictures, dammit.

*I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410* *I am perfectly happy with my HS410*[/quote]

You know you are, the HS410 will knock a wall down, dont be so silly!

Ooooh lovely! This is making me very very excited - my GS112 cab should arrive at the Bass Merchant this week, then I'll get it next week! Been waiting for what feels like forever. Has been a couple of weeks. Was so tempted by a White Hot DB112...

Nice to hear that a few people on here are using Aguilar 1x12 cabs with Markbass heads and liking the results...

[quote name='Legion' post='454575' date='Apr 5 2009, 11:36 AM']There's no Rabbit to be seen here - but there is some Chocolate!

Gigged this rig Friday night and it sounded marvelous. I'm done with gear swapping (for 10 minutes at least).
[attachment=23350:Chocolate2.jpg][/quote]

Looks fanbloodytastic mate!!

i have a DB410 in the same chocolatey finish!! beautiful aren't they!!!

ive gotta say that the Aguilar AG500's are just sublime!!

i cant see me changing my main amp for a long while!

Oooooh and nice Sadowsky in the background!!

[quote name='karlthebassist' post='457781' date='Apr 8 2009, 08:24 PM']Ooooh lovely! This is making me very very excited - my GS112 cab should arrive at the Bass Merchant this week, then I'll get it next week! Been waiting for what feels like forever. Has been a couple of weeks. Was so tempted by a White Hot DB112...

Nice to hear that a few people on here are using Aguilar 1x12 cabs with Markbass heads and liking the results...[/quote]

I hear ya. I've been in contact with the Bass Merchant about a DB112NT in Chocolate Thunder, and the only one they had left in stock was sold just before I was ready to buy it. They told me they'd have a new shipment in 3 weeks, about 6 weeks ago. I'd keep your fingers crossed if I were you - I know that'll hinder your playing for a bit but it will be worth it when the cab turns up :)

[quote name='RayFW' post='463008' date='Apr 15 2009, 02:09 PM']Another very happy recent Aguilar convert here.
I now have 2x DB112 in White Hot with an Epifani PS600 Head.

The improvement in tone is well worth the extra weight compared to my old Markbass rig.[/quote]

you have those in white hot???

ok now im jealous!!!

:)

[quote name='Legion' post='454575' date='Apr 5 2009, 11:36 AM']There's no Rabbit to be seen here - but there is some Chocolate!

[attachment=23350:Chocolate2.jpg][/quote]

I'm going in to try out the chocolate thunder DB112 on sat. Should make a big diff to my Hartke 4x10 getting in and out of gigs!!
Can I ask though, did you try with just one 112 ? What diff does adding the 2nd one make, just power outage/wattage ?

Cheers,
G

[quote name='biskitbass' post='463429' date='Apr 15 2009, 09:49 PM']I'm going in to try out the chocolate thunder DB112 on sat. Should make a big diff to my Hartke 4x10 getting in and out of gigs!!
Can I ask though, did you try with just one 112 ? What diff does adding the 2nd one make, just power outage/wattage ?

Cheers,
G[/quote]

G, when I tested the cabs out I A/B'd between a GS112NT & a DB112NT. Already having 2 GS112's I sort of knew what to expect when I added the 2nd cab to that configuration. The extra cab makes a sizeable difference to my ears as it just helps you move that much more air which gives the sound more presence and enables it to carry further. I know a lot of people are quite anti-tweeter but it certainly adds a lot to the sound and having the option of turning it down if you don't like it (or if its distorting under extreme circumstances) makes it worth having for me.

How did you get on?