Why become a member? Ɨ

SOLD SOLD Fender CIJ jazz bass with Aguilar HC pups
Ā£675
Central London/South Somerset

Richard Jinman

The heady rush of selling my P bass has inspired me to relist myĀ Fender Japan '75 Reissue in Olympic White, with a bound and blocked neck and tort plate. I bought it from @Gareth Hughes on this forum for a very reasonable Ā£700. Since then Iā€™ve swapped (Tim Marten did the work)Ā the Bill Lawrence J45 pups for Aguilar HCs (J45s will be included) and itā€™s wearing a new set of Thomasik jazz flats. Bass has a few battle scars and small mods - flush straplocks on the upper horn and on the back (in a Dingwall inspired move) and a KiogonĀ wiring loom with a push/pull series/parallel switch on the tone pot. Serial number is P046083, which puts it at either 1993-1994 orĀ 1999-2002. Itā€™s a lovely thingā€¦ looks great, sounds great. Selling because the old adage ā€˜you canā€™t have too many jazzesā€™ was disputedĀ by my wife. Turns out you can have too many. Bass is in Somerset, but can be collected from London EC2 with a bitĀ Ā of notice. Iā€™m asking Ā£675Ā which seems good valueĀ given the pup upgrade. No hard case so postage (at buyerā€™s expense) would need to be gig bag inside bass box. Weight? Not sure. Will check, but itā€™s no twinkle toes.Ā 

Ā 

IMG_0679.jpg.6ae0fc612bd92c5f7a6c5eb7738b1f0a.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

Edited by Richard Jinman
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Geek99 said:

Is it my sight or do those boxed pickups have too many poles for a four string ?

I believe thatā€™s due to the hum cancelling design of the pickups. Theyā€™re definitely unique - apparently they will work for both 4 and 5 string basses

• Like 1

Here's the official explanation for the 9 poles.Ā 

The J-45 is a coaxial coil design incorporating our air spaced micro-coil system, to reproduce a noise free and Traditional Jazz Bass Sound. Nine evenly spaced direct alnico 2 magnets provide a wide magnetic field to perform equally well onĀ most 4 and 5 string basses.

The J45 comes in a black cover with either flush pole pieces or a slight stagger that can accommodate most radii.

• Like 1

Just now, Richard Jinman said:

Here's the official explanation for the 9 poles.Ā 

The J-45 is a coaxial coil design incorporating our air spaced micro-coil system, to reproduce a noise free and Traditional Jazz Bass Sound. Nine evenly spaced direct alnico 2 magnets provide a wide magnetic field to perform equally well onĀ most 4 and 5 string basses.

The J45 comes in a black cover with either flush pole pieces or a slight stagger that can accommodate most radii.

I don't understand 80 per cent of the above, but I'm sure others do

Ā 

1 hour ago, CameronJ said:

Out of interest, how would you describe the difference between the J-45s and the Aguilar HCs?

I'm no expert, but the Aguilars are louder, cleaner and to my ears 'more expressive'. I guess it's something of a more modern tone compared to say Fender vintage pups..... personally, I think they're amazing as the HC design does exactly what it says on the tin. Nothing wrong with the J-45s of course, but I figured if I put premium pups on what is a very lovely bass, I'd have something quite special.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Richard Jinman

• Richard Jinman changed the title to SOLD SOLD Fender CIJ jazz bass with Aguilar HC pups
  • Rich locked this topic