Why become a member? ×

Gibson/Epiphone

Lozz196

19 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

Alice Cooper's bassist uses an Epiphone Vintage Pro Thunderbird live. I'm sure he's in a position to buy any bass he wants.

That's it. I'm getting one. The gas monster has been aroused once again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I have an Epiphone jumbo acoustic, FT140, MIJ. The serial number slip makes it between 1970 and 75. Bolt on neck(!) Plays really well and is very loud. The tuners are three-in-a-strip, but still work perfectly after about half a century.

I have one of these.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubit said:

This should settle it!

238827582_4483599474995501_8034791738163227512_n.jpg

I prefer the one on the right, the one on the left is an anti English tw@t!.... Just like most on the left these days!

Edited by pst62

1 hour ago, pst62 said:

I prefer the one on the right, the one on the left is an anti English tw@t!.... Just like most on the left these days!

Mel Gibsons hatred of the English comes from his father who is a very right wing conservative Catholic. 

Let's be honest though, most of the world (including most of the British) hate the English. They just refuse to let all that colonising and stealing of historical artifacts go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveXFR said:

They just refuse to let all that colonising and stealing of historical artifacts go.

I have never been happy with the way Britain is always portrayed as the bad one. Every country that could back then, would try to make an empire and expand her borders. France, Germany, Portugal to name but a few. It was just that Britain was pretty good at it and also brought civilisation to these countries. Yes there was exploitation but you show me one country that doesn't have skeletons in her cupboard.

And I'm a Scot by the way.

Edited by ubit
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ubit said:

I have never been happy with the way Britain is always portrayed as the bad one. Every country that could back then, would try to make an empire and expand her borders. France, Germany, Portugal to name but a few. It was just that Britain was pretty good at it and also brought civilisation to these countries. Yes there was exploitation but you show me one country that doesn't have skeletons in her cupboard.

And I'm a Scot by the way.

That's true, they were all at it. Difference is most other countries who did it have changed their name since.

12 hours ago, ubit said:

This should settle it!

238827582_4483599474995501_8034791738163227512_n.jpg

I think we should all cheer up a bit. Times are already tough enough.

Ok. The guy on the right looks like "half-Mel". Like the guy in the video below apparently looks like "half-Slash" (from 3:28). Enjoy 🙂

56 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

I'll try playing the double bass once I've mastered the single bass

May we tempt sir with the Violone in D - five or six strings, but with frets. And not too many of them neither.

16301546357423569456703416541039-01.jpeg.0f7c5b79d8bcf14e6e665737140938fb.jpeg

"The preferred contrabass instrument of the Viennese Classical era" ie. good for Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven etc

• Like 1