Why become a member? ×

Three bored Geordies / Mackems, four Aguilar cabs and a DB750.

wateroftyne

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='449825' date='Mar 30 2009, 06:43 PM']I was just getting into it ..then it stopped!
Nice.. :)[/quote]

Aye... sorry. I forgot to warn Marcus I was videoing it...

By the way, the DB750 & GS's are Marcus's - the DB112s are Warwickhunts.

[quote name='chris_b' post='449849' date='Mar 30 2009, 08:06 PM']So, tell us about 4 112 cabs.[/quote]

Very Loud, very very loud.... full bodied and very very tight bottom end, I thought it might get a little wooley with the 4 of them but not at all, It punched you in the back of the head stood in front of it.....

Shame we didn't think to video some of the other stuff...... bit of an after thought, we had some canny gear in the room !!

[quote name='chris_b' post='449849' date='Mar 30 2009, 08:06 PM']So, tell us about 4 112 cabs.[/quote]

[quote name='Marcus' post='450651' date='Mar 31 2009, 04:29 PM']Very Loud, very very loud.... full bodied and very very tight bottom end, I thought it might get a little wooley with the 4 of them but not at all, It punched you in the back of the head stood in front of it.....

Shame we didn't think to video some of the other stuff...... bit of an after thought, we had some canny gear in the room !![/quote]

I have to say that there was no real specific focus for the impromptu get together, it was just a case of we did because we could!

I think it was quite illuminating for WoT to try his Bergs against Aggie 12s and to try the DB750 against his mesa; it was also a chance for Marcus to simply see what happened when you tried out the 2ohm capacity of the DB going through 4 vertically aligned 12's (scary); I also got the chance to try Marcus's Sadowsky and now have a hankering for a downsized Jazz. Any excuse to make a racket and induce GAS! :)

[quote name='Musicman20' post='450878' date='Mar 31 2009, 09:07 PM']Hey lads up north :)

What's a good store up north? I like it in Newcastle so I might come and look for my Jazz up there.

Been getting good quotes from guitarguitar.co.uk in N castle.

Gaz[/quote]

GuitarGuitar, Soundslive are 'probably' your best two options but occasionally you can find something in Brian's Guitar Shop or Windows. There is a new one (in the old SoundControl store) called Aire Guitars but not a great selection or particularly keenly priced.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='449835' date='Mar 30 2009, 07:53 PM']Aye... sorry. I forgot to warn Marcus I was videoing it...

By the way, the DB750 & GS's are Marcus's - the DB112s are Warwickhunts.[/quote]

So, how do you think the GS/DB112's compared to your Bergs, bearing in mind the price difference between the two?