Why become a member? ×

Scammer - Facebook Marketplace

fabbabass

3 hours ago, tegs07 said:

OK I’ve not used FB market place. So it’s not a buy now type function where the transaction is held whilst the deal is completed? Sounds like a breeding ground for scams if the same item can be sold multiple times with no process in place.

Well as with on here, the seller can chose to go with collection only or postage. I cant see a scammer ever choosing collection only unless that too is a scam. 

Ive never brought anything off FB market place, but have sold quite a few things. Always collection only. 

Which part of ''Mike Smethurst ripped me off'' don't they understand? EVERYONE needs to report their FB experience in one 12 hour window or it forgets? Every 6 months I get an email from FB ''we see you have been having trouble participating, perhaps you have forgotten your password, here's a direct login link..''.Unfreakinbeleivable.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bill R said:

I just looked and all that stuff was still listed (or relisted) I’ve report him as a scammer for the umpteenth time. 

It's amazing, FB block people for the most meaningless of reasons yet when there is a real cause for concern seem totally incapable of dealing with the issue....

• Like 6

I've reported them too. Unfortunately, as I found out recently when locked out of my account, there aren't actually any humans that work at Facebook. The entire thing is automated and AI based.

Edited by 40hz
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, martthebass said:

I notice he now 'resides' very close to my abode....perhaps a buy and collect is in order.....

No chance. He only deals by PayPal F&F. If you go for pickup he will vanish.

Still waiting for a mod to email the guy that paid by direct bank transfer. With the bank account details the police can jump on him. Iirc the prick used an account in the same name so he really shouldn't be hard to track down even without the bank info.

If he's not got Paypal now it could be as a result of others and my complaints to them. Stopping his ways of getting cash is a start. Can someone who has not been blocked by him attempt to "buy" something and see how he asks for payment. Also those who have been scammed by him via Paypal report the transaction to Paypal even though you cannot get a refund because you used Friends and Family. I raised with them that their platform is aiding fraud and while i know my error was to agree to payment in that method they are stilling enabling fraud to take place. As they have been duly advised in an official complaint. I managed to get an online live chat by entering the complaints procedure. 

I have something else I am working on but cannot share it in open forum but please can those have been scammed by him private message me with the details of he transaction .  Date, equipment and amount paid.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

No chance. He only deals by PayPal F&F. If you go for pickup he will vanish.

Still waiting for a mod to email the guy that paid by direct bank transfer. With the bank account details the police can jump on him. Iirc the prick used an account in the same name so he really shouldn't be hard to track down even without the bank info.

Doubt the Police will be interested, just so much of this happening......

I’m very interested in the outcome of all this. 

I don’t have a Facebook account anymore, so was surprised to find out somebody was using my full name and photograph abs connecting with my friends and family. 

My wife, one of my friends and I have all reported the profile (I uploaded passport etc) but FB have taken no action. 

In addition, recently I discovered I was being swindled by my former accountant.

Money aside, being scammed is a horrible horrible thing.

Facebook really don’t take this stuff seriously enough. 

Good luck to anyone looking for some reconciliation in all this. 

• Like 2

For clarity - I am not saying this Mick has stolen MY identity. Nor am I suggesting it is not the scammers real name. 

I am saying I have been been victim of theft lately - NOTHING to do with this saga - and know how reluctant FB are to act. 

MODs - please remove my posts if it has caused confusion. 

Will. 

EDITED by Rich for clarity

Edited by Rich
  • Like 2