Why become a member? ×

Scammer - Facebook Marketplace

fabbabass

On 20/10/2022 at 16:31, MoJoKe said:

The company trading addresses are 16 Leicester Road, which is shown as her address, and 1 Kensington Close...  His address?  Who knows...  I cannot believe the police cannot do something with this info with enough motivation...

Gaaahhhh!!! I have posted on the other thread about Mr Mason and his address but it still seems that people are unable to put 2 and 2 together.

I don't want to type out his home address as it may be against the rules of the site - and I do not wish to compromise the moderators.

However, for those wishing to track down this convicted fraudster, Mick Mason (and all of his other aliases), please follow the next two links, which do reveal his home address.

https://www.companysearchesmadesimple.com/company/uk/14022329/uk-tribute-shows-ltd/#summary

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/single-mum-pensioners-ingoldmells-caravan-3743529

I have led the horse to water. It's up to you people who have been scammed by him, to make it drink.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Facebook market place is full of scammers. My mother in law is selling a table and chairs set and has had a number of obviously fake enquiries about it. They are almost identical to the scam attempted on me when I was selling a bass. They say they are going to send a courier to pick up the item (unseen) and give you the money. Then they ask you first to pay the insurance (but don't worry, you will get this back later). I'm sure someone, somewhere is falling for this.

She asked where the latest one came from and after a five minute pause, they wrote Tobermory. I mean why would someone from Tobermory send a courier to pick up an item from Oban?

• Like 1

On 18/10/2022 at 10:58, trickybicky said:

I agree, I threatened him with Action Fraud Team today on his facebook accounts. This will be reported this afternoon with the police, if the fraud team track his I.P address they have him but if we can give the action team a list of names they can look closer and prosecute, I don't like he has my friends address but its tuff luck. Ive posted this on my Facebook Page. If he is a musician its even worse. Thanks Jon08.

On 18/10/2022 at 09:10, Tilbery said:

I’ve just been scammed for a boss rc3, Facebook market place   Same guy, under the name Tom Bannister

On 18/10/2022 at 09:10, Tilbery said:

I’ve just been scammed for a boss rc3, Facebook market place   Same guy, under the name Tom Bannister

yup. just paid £85 to dave flour on FB marketplace for gopro 7 black using friends and family... guess not seeing that anytime soon....

paid using paypal, made a claim, but guessing as "friends and family" i'm right out of luck

just wish i was a bit closer otherwise would be contacting him directly

Just been scammed on FB marketplace too. He's stealing photos from eBay and asking about half the price the items sell for. Seems an obvious scam in retrospect, but we all love a bargain and I've bought around 10 pedals from there before without issue. It's the fact they're fairly niche Boss pedals that suckered me in. OD-1X? DF-2?! Not exactly that well known. There are listings up there now under John Fin and Dave Flour. FB don't care, no matter how many times I flag them. Have reported to Action Fraud. Won't be using friends and family again!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Like many others on here I wish I had seen this sooner. I have just bought my son a pedal today from this guy, I paid friends and familly but funded through my credit card, does anybody know if I could use chargeback at all?

Edited by Sibob
Language

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Friends & Family FFS! Why are people still falling for that. He is neither. I don't rated your chances of getting anything back. It's a shame this is your first post too. Welcome to the forum. Visit the introductions forum and post something better.

• 1 month later...

Considering he's still defrauding folk and his earlier activity keeping bands deposits from nonexistent venue bookings plus his conviction how can he just be getting away with it???   I will be speaking with a mate who is former police officer and asking how to complain to made the loudest noise on this so something gets done. 

• Like 7