Why become a member? ×

NUX Mighty Plug (headphone amp)

ped

Well this dropped through my door yesterday and I had a short play with it last night, I haven’t read up anything yet just installed the app and plugged it in and played, so far I really like it , doesn’t seem very loud but maybe I need to try my various other headphones and read the settings properly, one thing that’s really good is I can just play to YouTube or any music on my iPad with no messing around, can’t wait to play with it later 

71140044341__C6754F3D-7ED4-47B7-B8EE-EC56D277876E.jpeg

• Like 4

Excellent choice! Enjoy. 

Once you get the app going to can increase the volume either via amp settings or I think there's an overall volume adjustment (at least on Mighter Amp there is). 

I do find the volume of dteamed music a bit quiet though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buddster said:

Excellent choice! Enjoy. 

Once you get the app going to can increase the volume either via amp settings or I think there's an overall volume adjustment (at least on Mighter Amp there is). 

I do find the volume of dteamed music a bit quiet though. 

Thanks Buddster, is the mighter amp app different to the Nux one 

Been having a play and I’ve worked out the volume , I hadn’t selected the right ir cab 🙄, I’ve got the SV810 and it’s much better, played a few Marley’ tracks and it’s a decent reggae sound , I could get addicted to this 😁

IMG_0713.png

That's a lot of bass!

I'm finding I have to roll a lot of the bass off to get it to sit nice in a mix. That said, I am playing along to rock and not reggae.

Screenshot_2023-07-19-20-34-32-785_com.tuntori.mightieramp-edit.thumb.jpg.ce46e660036f41289fdf1a949121c22d.jpg

I also like the comp on a touch to tighten up the sound.

Anyone else finding the plug crashing and needing resetting a lot! All the lights come on and it becomes completely unresponsive. The only way to get it to function is stick a pin in the reset hole.

I've got latest firmware installed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, alexa3020 said:

That's a lot of bass!

I'm finding I have to roll a lot of the bass off to get it to sit nice in a mix

I was just experimenting really, I’ve changed the eq settings now and it’s sounding really good, I’ll have a go at the comp next, thanks 

• Like 1

On 19/07/2023 at 20:41, alexa3020 said:

Anyone else finding the plug crashing and needing resetting a lot! All the lights come on and it becomes completely unresponsive. The only way to get it to function is stick a pin in the reset hole.

I've got latest firmware installed.

I’ve had mine a few months and it’s never failed. It’s got the latest firmware as well.  Are you running it into a DAW or using it standalone? Wondered if that’s the issue. I use mine standalone. 

rob

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been using mine a lot and its never failed yet,

I’ve been using my Hohner B2A for playing on the sofa because it’s a bit smaller than the fenders ,and I got a short extension lead which works great because the jack is on the bottom of the body and it doesn’t get squashed , this also sounds great in active mode 

IMG_1306.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

Before I explore has anyone tried recording with this, do you need a computer or could it be done on the iPad , ideally into GarageBand as that’s all I use for recording 

I've done some basic recording straight into audacity on my pc via usb. Not sure if you can go into ipad

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2023 at 12:44, Reggaebass said:

Before I explore has anyone tried recording with this, do you need a computer or could it be done on the iPad , ideally into GarageBand as that’s all I use for recording 

Works fine straight into GarageBand, thats how I record.

You do have to go into the app settings for the monitoring to get it right.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Could one use the mighty plug (pro) as an effect rag by feeding the output of the headphone amp directly into a bass amp for on stage use? Is the signal not too strong or is there a supplementary output? Thx for your answer!

19 hours ago, PeVaPu said:

Could one use the mighty plug (pro) as an effect rag by feeding the output of the headphone amp directly into a bass amp for on stage use? Is the signal not too strong or is there a supplementary output? Thx for your answer!

You could but I wouldn’t bother nothing in the plug is good enough to warrant making it your primary setup over buying a Zoom MS60b (new + model) or the new Line 6 Bass Pod Express.

I’ve recently sold mine, given I spend a lot of time playing with headphones I’ve decided my ears deserve better than the cheapest digital device that ticked all the boxes functionally.

Quality over convenience for me now (at least for a bit)

• Like 1

To clarify I replaced mine with a Cranborne Audio Camden EC1 and Airfly Bluetooth adaptor so not an insignificant upgrade. Then immediately my next trip I was like damn, could have fit this in x case if I wasn’t bringing all this stuff 😅

I’ll check them out again when they release a newer version or the Mooer P2 get the bass features

• 3 weeks later...

Just had one of these donated by my Dad as he uses a Spark Mini for all his practicing needs and I hope this is the kick I need to get playing again.

Seems very handy to have at the desk with a set of headphones and you're away - no more digging out the amp from the cupboard!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BassApprentice said:

Seems very handy to have at the desk with a set of headphones and you're away - no more digging out the amp from the cupboard!

Thats just how I have it. I also use Mightier Amp app rather than the Mighty App as its better (or I think it is).

Rob

3 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

Just had one of these donated by my Dad as he uses a Spark Mini for all his practicing needs and I hope this is the kick I need to get playing again.

Nice one, I use mine regularly, and it links straight away with all the music on your phone or iPad, or YouTube etc 

This is still my 'go to' practicing kit. Short of having wireless headphones I can't see practice being any simpler or better. It works faultlessly and sounds great.