40hz

Modulus Flea 4 *withdrawn*
£2500
Stratford Upon Avon

Here we have my 2004 Modulus Flea in Blue Flake. Seymour Duncan Pickup and Bartolini NTBT 2-band preamp.

New car is prompting sale. (Bang goes my Wal deposit!)

Condition I'd rate as 8/10. A few barely noticeable dings in the finish, worse of which is a (filled in) chip near the jack socket. There is the usual lacquer crack at corner of the neck pocket, but is just in the finish and is not structural. (All 3 of my Fleas have had this).

Neck is straight and unmarked, strings are fairly new. Frets are superb.

Can be seen and heard in action on my YouTube channel here ;

https://www.youtube.com/user/littleblackcloud86

Comes with branded Modulus hardcase.

No offers. Would consider trade for Warwick Streamer Stage 2 (unmodified and in good condition) and cash my way.

Collection preferred or will travel a large radius to myself here near Stratford-Upon-Avon to facilitate delivery or pickup

Will not ship as I would want any prospective buyer to view a bass of this value first to ensure they are happy and to avoid any courier mishaps.

Thanks for looking :)

IMG_20201028_123525793.jpg

IMG_20201028_123741628.jpg

IMG_20201028_123530566.jpg

IMG_20201028_123539183.jpg

IMG_20201028_123542457.jpg

IMG_20201028_123548064.jpg

IMG_20201028_123552521.jpg

IMG_20201028_123559006.jpg

IMG_20201028_123604974.jpg

IMG_20201028_123620647.jpg

IMG_20201028_123625768.jpg

IMG_20201028_123642807.jpg

IMG_20201028_123759371.jpg

Edited by 40hz
  • Like 5

I keep looking at my avatar and keep finding myself drawn back to this page..........

Fleas are amazing instruments, the best of all world's in terms of design, engineering and function. But wow there is something so iconic about the blue sparkle, I suspect for me it's the association with the man himself, and more than any of those he played, seems to express the true spirit of the guy (how many players could take to the stage with this bass and get away with it). I saw one of these on sale in Japan, not the world's cheapest place to buy a bass, for close to £5k a while back. I suspect that this colour scheme on this instrument, like an LPB '64 Precision or a CAR '62 Jazz, is going to be the future iconic collector's item :)  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Updated to try and take pics that represent the colour better. It's a really vibrant and darker blue and my camera is washing it out.

Edit - taken some new pics that are more accurate to the colour in the flesh.

Edited by 40hz

21 minutes ago, horrorshowbass said:

The Off the Map DVD......

Indeed! Now it hangs on a wall  doing nothing in Florence, Italy...Hard Rock Cafe. What a waste...

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, horrorshowbass said:

The Off the Map DVD......

That's what hooked me onto the tone of these things. It's unholy!

Bump. Thinking of pulling this shortly. Starting to feel I might be being a bit insane and/or stupid to sell such a wonderous instrument.

48 minutes ago, 40hz said:

Bump. Thinking of pulling this shortly. Starting to feel I might be being a bit insane and/or stupid to sell such a wonderous instrument.

I concur

• Like 1

Please ship it to my friend in France so he stops asking me about selling him mine 🤣

Wouldn't even sell mine for 4k, even though I bought it for just about 1k and hardly play it 😂

Edited by libanass
  • Haha 1

Just now, Genseric said:

Thank’s Elie! 🤣

Oh boy, it took you 28 minutes to even see my post, you sir, are on a constant radar 

@40hz sell it to him NOW

Well... Genseric asked me for mine this morning...

Don't want to sell it too.

Please, ship your Flea to this guy man !

• Haha 1

Withdrawn. My bout of madness has finished! It's being kept!

Edited by 40hz
  • Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By police squad
      I have decided, after much thought, to finally let my Fender Flea bass go. I bought it four years ago, gigged it a lot for the next couple of years, you can see the wear from where my wrist rested on the upper bit.
      Also the paint is wearing through to the primer along the top edge but it's very hard to see. I have also changed one grub screw in the bottom E saddle as it had rusted up . I have the original grub screw too.
      There is the original gig bag and case candy
      Those that have these, know what a great sound comes from them. The 1964 pickups really sound ace. That jazz bass 'fizz' from the neck pickup, the honk from the bridge.
      It sits in my office, waiting for me to have a noodle on it at lunchtimes, it's been great to play at work. Nice and light too at 3.9kg or 8 pounds and 8 ounces, measured on my digital works scales.
      But in all realities I'm just not going to use it anymore unless I turn it into a Sting Jazz (which I'm not)
      I am just a P bass fan. 
      I can ship (UK only) via DPD courier, you can collect , have a cuppa and a natter all things bass
      I work in Folkestone, Kent and live in Deal.
      Any questions, fire away
      I'm not looking for any trades, I'm just trying to thin the herd

• By dave84
      Hi guys! Last bass cover of the series dedicated to the new Harley Benton MB-4 in satin black color: for this last video I chose one of the most technically fun and energetic songs of RHCP to play with the bass. A very fast and energetic slap bassline by Flea for the occasion played using the humbucker in the direction of the bridge. Enjoy!
      https://youtu.be/vPPdcABc268
    • By cetera
      A big potential purchase has come up and sadly I need to move on a couple of basses to help pay for it
      So, as a result, here is my lovely Hartke XK4 active bass. I always wanted one of these as I had played one in a shop approx 15 years ago and had been blown away by the massive (almost Status/Modulus graphite-sounding) active tone, striking black/chrome and brushed aluminium looks... and easily playable neck that felt like it was short-medium scale! It didn't disappoint and I've hugely enjoyed owning and playing it. Indeed, soundwise, it's been a fave of many musicians I've ever played with as it cuts through with authority and ease.
      Here's the original sales blurb from Hartke:
      Designed to Larry Hartke's specifications and featuring high quality components throughout, the XK-4 represents a more accessibly priced option for professional bassists. This precision instrument features a Poplar body coupled to a Vaccaro double T-Bar aluminum component neck system with a rock maple neck shell that provides a familiar feel and easy playability. This unique neck system consists of a lightweight aluminum aircraft extrusion welded to an aluminum triple-plated chrome headstock. It not only ensures maximum resistance to atmospheric conditions and string tension, it provides exceptionally long sustain and tuning stability over the long run. A Rosewood fretboard with ultra fat action neck finish and Nickel-Silver frets further enhance playability while the XK-4's Zero-fret design provides flawless open string response.To best capture its extraordinary sustain, tone and presence, the XK-4 is equipped with high performance passive pickups and active electronics. Other features include dual volume controls; concentric bass/treble tone controls; a chrome bridge and tuning machines and a brushed aluminum finish pickguard. Like the XL-4, there is a lifetime guarantee on the neck assembly.
      Poplar body
      34" scale length
      Vaccaro double T-Bar aluminium neck
      Chrome-plated headstock
      Rock maple neck shell
      Rosewood fretboard
      Nickel silver frets
      Zero fret for flawless open string response
      P-J passive pickups with active electronics
      Dual volume controls
      Concentric Active Bass/Treble controls
      Heavy Duty 'Hartke branded' Chrome bridge
      Gotoh Chrome tuners
      Easy access 9-volt battery compartment
      Brushed aluminium finish pickguard
      Sadly, less than 1000 of these were ever made when Vaccaro suddenly went out of business and production ceased in around 2002. Condition is excellent (especially for a 18 year old bass!) with just a couple of very light surface dings on the body edge. More pics available on request.
      These are high quality instruments and were priced at around $1000 / £800 new when they came out. I therefore feel I'm offering a bargain at just £SOLD!
      Happy to courier at your cost (prob around £50 for 24hr UPS via Interparcel).
      Payment by cash on collection (from Guildford/Woking area), Paypal (you pay all fees) or direct bank transfer.
      Please see my extensive positive feedback thread for assurance of a clean, honest transaction.

• By 40hz
      I recently sold my 1997 Modulus Flea with an eye on putting a deposit down on a new Wal build, however, earlier this week, after a few sherbets, I stumbled across this online at a price far too good to ignore. I don't remotely need it but I could not resist no matter how hard I tried, having always wanted a blue flake model.
      It's a 2004 model, with the Seymour Duncan pickup and Aguilar OBP-1. It's definitely angrier sounding and not quite as clean as the 1997.
      This is now my 3rd Flea. I'm not sure I'll ever kick this habit!