gorandelac

SOLD Alembic Deluxe 5
£5950
Zagreb, Croatia

Hi all, I'm selling my Alembic MK Signature Deluxe with Coco Bolo top, so here is little about the bass.

Bass has no scratch, no belt buckle scratch, it's almost as brand new, as you can see from pics.

Scale: 34"

String spacing: 19 mm
Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone
Top: coco Bolo
Back: Coco Bolo
Body: Mahogany with maple and purplehearth as accent woods
Neck: Maple with Purple Hearth stringers
Finish: clean gloss with satin finish on the neck
weight: 5.7 kg (with 5 9v batteries that goes into the bass, 4x for LED)

Electronics: volume, pan, 2x filters, 2x q switches, 1x LED on/off, 1/4" mono output.

LEDs are amber and red (check pictures)

Bass was done in 2015, so it has 2+3 machine heads.

Bass has original case, papers, everything. New one like this is 17.600 dollars, you can check here on Alembic site my bass is Sig Dlx Coco Bolo.

This is I think only signature bass in EU that is available with this price. For any questions you can contact me. Here are some pic that justify the whole thing, other pics you can see on my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/huwja8inhg3pt5e/AAAZ_-yhsAWuU_Zi-cx5C75fa?dl=0

Price says 6000 5600 pounds but it's actually 6500 6200 euros, just conversion is different every day.

Also check my feedback page:

MK5D_CocoBolo_Full.jpg

IMG_20200915_101011.jpg

IMG_20200915_101534.jpg

IMG_20200915_102137.jpg

IMG_20200915_101511.jpg

IMG_20200915_101225.jpg

IMG_20200915_101237.jpg

IMG_20200915_101305.jpg

IMG_20200915_101511.jpg

IMG_20200915_100931.jpg

IMG_20200915_100914.jpg

Edited by gorandelac
  • Like 22

This is an absolute amazing instrument for a great price! F**k Covid, in better days I would really think hard about getting it back!

Good luck Goran!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marcus said:

Very nice... if only it had one string less !!

Haha, I just thought "If only it had one string more"… 😉

• Like 3

Wow. So virtually identical to one I bought new over in the US back in 2007 I think. It was a work of art and sounded as rich as glorious as a grand piano. For many years I strung it E-C which never really quite worked somehow, switched to conventional B-G and it was amazing.

A very serious and beautiful instrument, I'm sure you won't need any of the usual 'GLWTS' to sell it!

• Like 1

Gorgeous!! It was this video of a similar MK 5 that made me import the MK 4 that I owned all too briefly:

GLWTS Goran!

• Like 1

On 16/09/2020 at 16:07, Marcus said:

Very nice... if only it had one string less !!

If only it was £5k less !

What a beauty.
Mesmerising.

• Like 3

wow - what a lovely piece of furniture that would make...can see it as my new coffee table - it only it was 5.9K less...i'll carry on dreaming

• Like 1

On 04/10/2020 at 22:32, claustra said:

If only it was £5k less !

What a beauty.
Mesmerising.

give me 5000 and I'll lower you the price for 5000 ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By d_g
      Weekend pricedrop to £1595 ono
      See last post below for a new video demo!
      Tentatively putting my Overwater up for sale on here. I'm in no rush to sell it but open to sensible offers. Anyone in the SW London area is welcome to give it a try.
      Anyone who's played one of these knows the kind of quality you can expect from this. It was built for me in 2017 by Chris and the team and would cost around £3500 to have made now I believe. I originally ordered it with an East J Retro which I have since changed for a J Tone giving it a more vintage sound and the versatility of a passive tone control. It will also come with the extra capacitors which are easy to switch out to adjust the roll off of the tone control. I also swapped the pickups from Overwater Ceramic to OWs new Alnico ones. I will include both sets of pickups for the buyer and a Fender Hard Case.
      Spec is below, let me know if you have any questions, it's in very nearly perfect condition, a few marks on the headstock and a couple of tiny dinks on the top of the neck are pictured below. You are welcome to try in Chessington, KT9. I will also consider posting fully insured.
      - Maple 21 fret bolt on neck
      - Nut 46mm
      -19mm string spacing
      -MOP block inlays
      -3mm side dots (1mm bigger than standard for extra visibility)
      -Alder body
      -J Tone Preamp
      -OW Noiseless Alnico Pickups (Ceramics for more HiFi sound also included)
      -Hipshot Ultralight Tuners
      -Custom Seafoam Green Finish
      -35" scale
      Many thanks
      Dan

The tiny black mark in the picture below was just rubber and has now been cleaned off. 

• By adamlunt
      Hi everyone,
      I’ve decided to list my old P Bass in favour of something a little more traditional, perhaps with a sunburst and rosewood flavour. Not a desperate sale by any means, but I have a strict 1 in 1 out policy. 
      As you can see, it’s a great example of an old school ash-body, maple-board P Bass. Ready for punk and indie, but can handle soulful RnB all the same.
      I’ve owned the bass for just over five years now, and as a player’s instrument it’s certainly served it’s purpose, so as I’m sure you can understand, it isn’t in collector’s condition. The previous owners have modded the bass over the years as follows:
      Dimarzio PAF pickup - Earlier version of the Model P with the cream cover. Loud and punchy in the mids, but surprisingly dynamic. BadassII bridge installed at some point - Just the badass-est bridge ever! CTS pots - The originals probably wore out. For me, this just ensures the bass works. In 2020 (amidst all the chaos) I had the bass refretted with narrow/tall frets, and as a result it plays like a dream. I chose narrow/tall because they feel comfortable, and have used Daddario Chromes solidly, meaning there is no wear whatsoever. Even the most small-handed players should feel right at home!
      The body has some wear where a previous owner had fitted and removed a thumb rest, and the neck has some areas where the finish has come away, but this is no way affects playability.
      I know the important question with basses from the era is the weight, and while I don’t have scales, I’m guessing it’s 4.5-5kg, with most of the weight in the body. I'm 5'7" and around 9.5st, and it has never felt uncomfortable.
      I am looking for a sale at this point, as I hope to fund another bass, but if there is a nice sunburst P Bass out there, I am prepared to exchange with cash your way if needed. And I'm sure it goes without saying, please feel free to get in touch for more pics or info.
      All the best,
      Ad

• By ivyserpent
      I got Zon Sonus Custom to sell or swap for right Modulus Quantum 5, Zon Sonus 5 or Alembic 5 str.
      Near mint condition.
      Spalted Maple tom in high gloss
      Graphite Neck
      Phenowood
      24 Frets
      2 Bartollini pickups
      John East U retro pre amp
      Gotoh hardware
      34" 16.5mm
      Ramp easy to remove.

• By Marky Screen
      Putting up my 5 string for the chop and sticking with the 4s for now.
      Amazing workhorse 5. Just really easy to play with a great range of passive tones that slots into all styles well.
      It's got a bit of light gig wear to it but otherwise great condition.
      Seemingly unavoidable PA speaker is too close to me small chips and scuff to the top of the headstock.
      Some light swirling to the finish but no serious wear or anything through the finish.
      Weight is 4.4kg on my kitchen scales.
      I can post at buyers risk in worn but functional CNB gig bag and boxed for £25.

• By Marc S
      I probably should have posted this over a week ago.... when I actually bought the bass! lol However, I decided to play it for a while first - to see how I got on with it

I keep thinking I should play a 5 string - then I keep falling in and out of love for 5 string basses, for various reasons. Usually, my reasons for selling are that I find the necks just a bit too chunky, or I find the bass is a tad too heavy..... or a combination of both. Sometimes, I don't find the string spacing to be very comfortable. This isn't something I find with 4 strings - I can usually adapt my playing. But with 5 strings I've found on a more comfortable width neck, the strings can be a bit too close for my right hand plucking (i.e. not enough room between strings for my fattish fingers)

To cut a long story short, I bought & sold a few 5'ers for a combination of the above reasons (or excuses). Actually, on the point of the weight of a bass - it's not something that used to bother me too much. However, my increasing age and ageing joints / shoulders / back have made this factor ever more important.

So my thinking was - where can I find a lightweight 5 string bass, which is lightweight and has a neck which isn't too wide (or wide plus deep) but isn't too narrow string spacing at the bridge? Fussy old BC'er, aren't I?   So I turned to Ibanez. I've owned Ibby's in the past and always found them to be great instruments. In fact, I once owned the 4 string version of this bass, the SDGR 500 - a bass I was well pleased with.

I have to say that so far, I'm really liking this bass! It was a local purchase too. It's very light for a 5'er - I think it's around 3.5kg. The neck is a comfortable width, and it's slim front-to-back, so I can get my hand around it easily enough. Also, the string spacing seems very comfortable too. It's narrow-ish at the nut, but the neck tapers enough to make the spacing good for my right hand... plus, the bridge allows for some lateral position adjustment too  The quality of construction is really good - it feels a solid build, and the finish is really nice. No sticky left hand on a glossy neck - it's really nice satin sort of feel. I like the dark wood colour too.

The electronics are great, and the 2 active Bartolini pickups are superb. As I expected, It's more of a modern sounding bass than my current collection of basses - but that's not an entirely bad thing. It's another choice for me to make, depending on the gig I'm playing. Another added bonus is that the pickups and electrics work in passive mode, and it even works with no battery - so no worries about a battery going flat mid-gig.

Now all I have to do, is to get my spatial awareness up to speed for 5 string playing. I've been noodling at home, and took the bass to one garden room / semi-open-air trio jam. I did make a few errors, hitting the wrong string DOH - but it's been a while since I last played a 5'er for any length of time.