Why become a member? ×

Vintage Fenders

Reggaebass

This 66 is so clean, it must have spent a long time in the case or been really well looked after, even the case is mint , anyone going to turkey 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225503035266?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=nJCYDXe3Rle&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=1wDkd4CjTIi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

This 66 is so clean, it must have spent a long time in the case or been really well looked after, even the case is mint , anyone going to turkey 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225503035266?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=nJCYDXe3Rle&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=1wDkd4CjTIi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

0% feedback rating despite lots of apparent positive purchases though...🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

My good friend from Turkey goes there often..Just a thought

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, briansbrew said:

My good friend from Turkey goes there often..Just a thought

I used to visit there quite a bit but no plans in the near future, but if I was I’d have to take a look, I can’t believe the condition it’s in 

Some 1966 Fender Precision Bass's came with lollipop tuners..not this one overall the bass looks brand new even the chrome ashtrays look mint considering there allegedly some 56-57 years old

alarm bells going off in my head !

Edited by Pocketdog

Just now, Pocketdog said:

Some 1966 Fender Precision Bass's came with lollipop tuners..not this one overall the bass looks brand new even the chrome ashtrays look mint considering there allegedly some 55-57 years old

Smell test. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Why not message the seller and ask to take a picture with today’s newspaper (old school way) or some other way to prove ownership.

To me, this looks all off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pocketdog said:

Some 1966 Fender Precision Bass's came with lollipop tuners..not this one overall the bass looks brand new even the chrome ashtrays look mint considering there allegedly some 56-57 years old

Those tuners are normal for a '66. Lollipops started appearing on Jazz basses in 1965 and were standard for '66-67, but they showed up on P basses later, '67-68. I have no idea about the seller but that bass looks like a genuine '66 P bass in all respects. Nothing looks dodgy/fake at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Belka said:

Those tuners are normal for a '66. Lollipops started appearing on Jazz basses in 1965 and were standard for '66-67, but they showed up on P basses later, '67-68. I have no idea about the seller but that bass looks like a genuine '66 P bass in all respects. Nothing looks dodgy/fake at all.

The bass looks fabulous and legit to me. Not sure I trust the seller though. As always, I could be completely wrong!

44 minutes ago, Velarian said:

Is the lack of a date stamp on the neck a problem?

Personally speaking, if the rest of the things to look out for were all okay it wouldn’t bother me (though I suppose it may become an issue if one were looking to sell it on in the future and a buyer was put off by the lack of a date stamp?).

If someone were to fake an instrument the daftest thing to do would be to make sure all pots etc. were correct but then not include something as easy as a neck stamp so, as I say, I wouldn’t be too fussed…

Or am I being massively gullible?! 

• Like 2

I like a date stamp on the neck, even if it’s feint, I always think of it as part of the puzzle, I was expecting to see a big clean one on the 66 above, a bit surprised it doesn’t have one,it would kinda put me off if I was buying it 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I like a date stamp on the neck, even if it’s feint, I always think of it as part of the puzzle, I was expecting to see a big clean one on the 66 above, a bit surprised it doesn’t have one,it would kinda put me off if I was buying it 

Especially when the neck stamp on 60's necks are big and bold

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ezbass said:

ES - Extremely Suspect? ;) :D 

image.thumb.png.7aab090842893b60a5dce2487508d260.png

If you look at this one there is a tide mark where the date has been under the neck pocket and is lighter, the other one looks to clean for my liking, but what do I know

• Like 1