Why become a member? ×

Fender Marcus Miller Redux - Now Finished

AndyTravis

Sorry. Sorting two preteens who have hit puberty within a minute of each other and are fighting over the statement...

”most of my friends are girls”

Ella is a girl. Dan claims that she’s made a sexist comment. 20 minutes they’ve rowed with each other....

Utter Knobheads. 🙄

Anyhow, @LukeFRC here we go...

D4059A74-9E1F-4A79-8B89-1B335ECF1357.jpeg

E7DBF1BB-F2C5-4169-AA1B-08434587E306.jpeg

62AC738E-F7E6-47EE-AB1C-37FF9F7152B9.jpeg

5F54FDD2-FAB3-43C8-8EDF-697A5555AB5D.jpeg

7B63C12A-CB16-4B40-B737-23CBC45E63F7.jpeg

B254F2C7-AE3F-4F7F-BF38-2AFD41B7F69C.jpeg

EBCD98E0-DFED-4353-A019-06B155044D76.jpeg

2BD8D8FD-3597-437B-926A-22DD20C1447B.png

1 minute ago, bassfan said:

I think your vision has paid off mate. Looks great.... 😃👍🏻

Thanks mate. Love these basses - I will say while there’s a bit more control over the sound, there’s not much in it with stock vs £500 worth of electronic wizardry. 

Will try to knock a video comparison up tonight when the warring factions have gone to bed early.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Don’t start me on the small ones 🤣

Hah - he speaketh truth. We have two preteen girls and it's awful: one is Kevin the Teenager and the other is manic and angry all the time.

That's a nice bass - what's under the square pickscratchguardplate section?

5 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

Hah - he speaketh truth. We have two preteen girls and it's awful: one is Kevin the Teenager and the other is manic and angry all the time.

That's a nice bass - what's under the square pickscratchguardplate section?

A 9v battery.

1 minute ago, Geek99 said:

Ha ha ha ha... it’s your first, right ?

I’m on 4, she keeps on saying “one more” I keep on pretending to have a headache...it’s quite easy to pretend...I do have a permanent one.

This is Maggies latest...

23922C39-C833-4529-A36C-51CA17FCB5B7.jpeg

Well My learned friend...

Sadowsky Pre battery lasts years. If it were to fail...it has a very smart pull pot on the tone control which makes it completely passive and still has a tone control.

so while I see your point...it has its own “airbag” built in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Debating the pickguard being simplified into a one piece. It looks a little clunky with all the extra screws...dunno.

It’s a Marcus Miller jazz - it the pickguard that is making it look a little clunky- not the screws that at least give the pickguard a useful reason for being that shape 

otherwise what you are describing is a blue Sadowsky jazz with 70s spacing and a maple neck! 

2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Well My learned friend...

Sadowsky Pre battery lasts years. If it were to fail...it has a very smart pull pot on the tone control which makes it completely passive and still has a tone control.

so while I see your point...it has its own “airbag” built in.

Ah, I see. An aesthetic choice for you then mate. I think it looks tip top as it is.

• Thanks 1

Just now, LukeFRC said:

It’s a Marcus Miller jazz - it the pickguard that is making it look a little clunky- not the screws that at least give the pickguard a useful reason for being that shape 

otherwise what you are describing is a blue Sadowsky jazz with 70s spacing and a maple neck! 

This. IMHO the can be no doubt what it is at it's core, albeit the guts have been swapped out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LukeFRC said:

I used to call my original MM “The Shittenbacker” on account of the pickguard bearing a fleeting resemblance.

Then I owned a Ric.

And then I called my Marcus Miller “that nice jazz bass which plays and sounds good”

• Like 1