Why become a member? ×

Genesis - The Last Domino? tour

wateroftyne

1 hour ago, 4000 said:

I think we’ve been over this sort of thing before. 😉 I prefer MB - so far at least - because to me they sound far more like Genesis did at the time, which is extremely important to me. Obviously YMMV. Thankfully, we have a choice. 

TBH, I’ve also never quite forgiven Steve for the extended noodling solo at the end of Supper’s Ready when I last saw him. If I’d had a sniper’s rifle, it would have been used. 😂

So, what you wanted to have on hand was:

maxresdefault.jpg

But what you were able to get past security was:

NERF_Super_Soaker_XP100___Lifestyle.jpg

• Haha 2

• 7 months later...
  • wateroftyne changed the title to Genesis - The Last Domino? tour
19 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

Brace yourself.

Indeed!

I was a huge PG era Genesis fan, and quite liked some of the PC era stuff. Live - PG, or PC era - they were phenomenal!

In the Last Domino? vid, I got as far as That's All.

I know it was a rehearsal, but... Phil didn't sound like he was even in the same room as the other guys😔

Rather than watch the rest of the video I'd rather remember them as they were.

Having said that... some of the greatest moments of Genesis have been the instrumental pieces (Firth of Fifth for ex). If PC's son is up to the job those sections will still sound great live.

If there was an "InstruGenesis" tour I'd be up for a ticket.

9 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Indeed!

I was a huge PG era Genesis fan, and quite liked some of the PC era stuff. Live - PG, or PC era - they were phenomenal!

In the Last Domino? vid, I got as far as That's All.

I know it was a rehearsal, but... Phil didn't sound like he was even in the same room as the other guys😔

Rather than watch the rest of the video I'd rather remember them as they were.

Having said that... some of the greatest moments of Genesis have been the instrumental pieces (Firth of Fifth for ex). If PC's son is up to the job those sections will still sound great live.

If there was an "InstruGenesis" tour I'd be up for a ticket.

Phil's son is a phenomenal drummer and think he'll do a great job. I cant get past Phil having to sit down but from what i've seen in a few clips on youtube i thought they sounded pretty good.

Dave

4 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Not sure who he is or why he would be big in poland, but can't say he is that good at doing that song.

He's the last singer for Genesis.

When Phil Collins left they recorded an album with him and attempted to go out on tour.

The American part of the tour was cancelled, due to lack of interest and Ray got his P45.

Two of his bass players are on Basschat......so be careful what you say 🙄

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gjones said:

When Phil Collins left they recorded an album with him and attempted to go out on tour.

The American part of the tour was cancelled, due to lack of interest and Ray got his P45.

Two of his bass players are on Basschat......so be careful what you say 🙄

IMO - good singer, could have done a decent job on the album but the songs just weren’t any good.

Edited by wateroftyne
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, gjones said:

oh ok. Never listened to that.

Not saying he isn't a good singer, I am saying that song doesn't sound right him doing it. If you wanted someone that sounded like Phil Collins, he isn't it. Which is presumably what they wanted for that album.

- Edited to add, I have listened to that album a few times, but I couldn't remember any of the songs if they were played back to me in a trial, which makes it a fairly unique genesis album.

Edited by Woodinblack
  • Like 1

I thought Ray Wilson did a good job on the Genesis album. 

His earlier band were pretty good IMO of course. Think this song was used on a TV advert or something like that.

Think he could have done better for himself if he hadn't went with Genesis altho it probably opened a few doors for him i expect.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Clarky said:

Do you have a link WoT? All I could find was a short YT clip (around 30 seconds, with PC in a chair not singing awfully well, but maybe that was a badly chosen clip?) Thanks

if you search for "Genesis - The Last Domino? PBS Documentary" its the first hit on youtube.

51 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

if you search for "Genesis - The Last Domino? PBS Documentary" its the first hit on youtube.

I see it now. It was published on YT overnight (14 hours ago). In my defence, I googled yesterday afternoon after reading WoT's comments and only the 30 second clip was available at that point.

Here for others' edification