Jump to content
TheGreek

Wilcock Basses

Recommended Posts

I do like the look of these. Thanks for inducing a GAS attack.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That vintage white Mullarkey is lovely, starts at £1500 though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter and I had a try out of these at the LBGS. Really rather nice. The pickups on the ones we tried were monstrous.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep meaning to try these. Rob Mullarkey played with Zero 7, one of my favourite bands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that white bass a short scale ?  Looks awfully stubby for a 34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Is that white bass a short scale ?  Looks awfully stubby for a 34

Yeah it’s a wilcock custom short scale 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 4000 said:

They do both.

Yeah definitely 4000 , they are custom builders, I really like them 🙂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are  just up the road from me but Won’t go in there because I know I’m gonna order something 😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw Tim Lefebvre playing a BiSonic at the Vortex last night. Had a chat in the interval with him and Mister Wilcock about his basses, and the 60s-English influence of Harmann, Burns Shergold etc (I'm a fan of the latter and enjoyed the Marathon-esque look of the BiSonic). Lovely basses!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, toneknob said:

Saw Tim Lefebvre playing a BiSonic at the Vortex last night. Had a chat in the interval with him and Mister Wilcock about his basses, and the 60s-English influence of Harmann, Burns Shergold etc (I'm a fan of the latter and enjoyed the Marathon-esque look of the BiSonic). Lovely basses!

He played the BiSonic with Wayne Krantz at Ronnie Scott's last month too. Super looking basses, and they do long scale models now as well.

Slight thread derail but how was the gig? JZ Replacement was one of my favourite gigs last year, but I couldn't make this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pineweasel said:

He played the BiSonic with Wayne Krantz at Ronnie Scott's last month too. Super looking basses, and they do long scale models now as well.

Slight thread derail but how was the gig? JZ Replacement was one of my favourite gigs last year, but I couldn't make this one.

Wish I'd known about the Krantz gig. Who else was in the line-up?

JZ was brilliant, thanks. Mostly material from the new album. I was lucky enough to get a ringside seat, front and centre. Jamie and Tim are a powerhouse.

edit: and to add to that, I've seen Tim Lefeb a couple of times before but only last night was I up close enough to appreciate his control of a Electro-Harmonix Frequency Analyzer with toe power alone

 

Edited by toneknob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, toneknob said:

Wish I'd known about the Krantz gig. Who else was in the line-up?

It was his classic trio with Tim and Keith Carlock on drums. Excellent show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pineweasel said:

It was his classic trio with Tim and Keith Carlock on drums. Excellent show.

I bet, I'll keep my eyes peeled next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...